Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:46 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,080,399 times

Advertisements

Halloween costumes. Next year I will not pretend that it will be cold enough on halloween to dress in a furry animal costume! I will give my kids a choice of Olympic swimmer or naked man!! I will order my turkey take out and I will BBQ for x-mas! Any funny "hot" or "not" holiday stories would be nice! Local or not, please share some funny stories. In need of humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 11:01 PM

148 posts, read 848,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Halloween costumes. Next year I will not pretend that it will be cold enough on halloween to dress in a furry animal costume! I will give my kids a choice of Olympic swimmer or naked man!! I will order my turkey take out and I will BBQ for x-mas! Any funny "hot" or "not" holiday stories would be nice! Local or not, please share some funny stories. In need of humor.
I bought my just turned one year old daughter (only one after three boys) the most adorable lady bug costume from old navy but it is fleece. She was miserable and I ended up having to take it off half way through trick or treating. I am here every year for Halloween. I don't know what I was thinking. At least this year my boys chose light weight superheroes costumes. I like the olympic swimmer, that is funny!! I'll have to remember that for next year:-) ( If I'm still here).

Old 11-01-2007, 06:51 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,208,622 times
I just moved here from Cleveland, Ohio in September. In Cleveland, the priority was determining whether the child's winter coat or boots would fit under the costume. ;-)

Old 11-01-2007, 07:42 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
I just moved here from Cleveland, Ohio in September. In Cleveland, the priority was determining whether the child's winter coat or boots would fit under the costume. ;-)
Amen! Thank goodness our girls can go out looking like fairy princesses or the Victoria's Secret model (underwear and angel wings ) and not have to wear bulky fleece to keep warm. It was a gorgeous nite for trick-or-treats last night out here at the ranch - mid 60s, starlit skies - just like it is every year. This whining about lovely weather is just amazing.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Amen! Thank goodness our girls can go out looking like fairy princesses or the Victoria's Secret model (underwear and angel wings ) and not have to wear bulky fleece to keep warm. It was a gorgeous nite for trick-or-treats last night out here at the ranch - mid 60s, starlit skies - just like it is every year. This whining about lovely weather is just amazing.
It was a gorgeous night last night last night and its nice to here the "whining" or "humorous stories" as I think of it, about what others deal with on holiday's. It makes you appreciate what you've got! And good stories come from real life. There were plenty of lovely teens sporting the Victoria line of halloween wear. lol Arizona boys don't know how lucky they have it!

Old 11-01-2007, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
Yikes, that's a challenge. I bet there are a lot of fuzzy bears and furry things for halloween back there. I wonder which costumes are the popular ones in each state? That would be an interesting survey.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:31 PM

32 posts, read 101,555 times
You can't reason with kids, so they want the costume they want, irregardless of how it will work in a rainy 40-degree night! So many a Halloween you would end up with your costume hidden under, or as one poster stated, stretched over, a coat!

We've been in AZ for less than a year and every occassion such as last night I just sigh and think what a great decision we made! It was wonderful to be out in shorts, talking with neighbors vs rushing from door to door before we got too cold and/or wet!

Can't wait to mail or Christmast photo cards - taken poolside!

Old 11-02-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoAZ2007 View Post
You can't reason with kids, so they want the costume they want, irregardless of how it will work in a rainy 40-degree night! So many a Halloween you would end up with your costume hidden under, or as one poster stated, stretched over, a coat!

We've been in AZ for less than a year and every occassion such as last night I just sigh and think what a great decision we made! It was wonderful to be out in shorts, talking with neighbors vs rushing from door to door before we got too cold and/or wet!

Can't wait to mail or Christmast photo cards - taken poolside!
Yes, Arizona is a good brag during winter I must admit! Our winters are the best! But don't forget you'll get that picture back with them in the summer, out around town in 70 or 80 degrees having a blast. Or maybe even down at the board walk. It's AZ not California, we have our miserable time of year here. Although you might have to get acclimated to AZ first to not think summers are hot in NY.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:26 AM

32 posts, read 101,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Yes, Arizona is a good brag during winter I must admit! Our winters are the best! But don't forget you'll get that picture back with them in the summer, out around town in 70 or 80 degrees having a blast. Or maybe even down at the board walk. It's AZ not California, we have our miserable time of year here. Although you might have to get acclimated to AZ first to not think summers are hot in NY.
Nah...I'll just remember how much I hated the humidity

Old 11-03-2007, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoAZ2007 View Post
Nah...I'll just remember how much I hated the humidity
How long have you lived in AZ? If you don't mind me asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area