Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 12:57 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times

Advertisements

Well, my 13 year old heat pump needs repairs that are probably not worth doing on a 13 year old unit (and the air handler in the attic is even older). Anyone have recent experience with an AC business they can recommend in terms of price, quality of work, etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 01:21 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,938,126 times
Someone I know personally, though have not used their services, is Mario with AimPro Mechanical. Very nice guy, smaller company but you deal with him directly as the owner. Give him a call and get a quote. 480-200-6268.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:27 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,218,212 times
There was just recently post in here about someone that had great luck and wasn't taken advantage of by an AC company. Anthony James Air it looks like...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...ews-story.html

I have no idea about the two recommended so far but something to think about...I would be leery about using a small company or someone that hasn't been in the valley for a long time that may not be around in the future when you need them. The company that installed the units in my new home is long out of business and when I called for a warranty issue inside the warranty period I was on my own. I had to deal directly with the manufacture and that was a pain. Would have been much easier to deal with the company that installed the units and let them deal with the manufacture.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
There was just recently post in here about someone that had great luck and wasn't taken advantage of by an AC company. Anthony James Air it looks like...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...ews-story.html

I have no idea about the two recommended so far but something to think about...I would be leery about using a small company or someone that hasn't been in the valley for a long time that may not be around in the future when you need them. The company that installed the units in my new home is long out of business and when I called for a warranty issue inside the warranty period I was on my own. I had to deal directly with the manufacture and that was a pain. Would have been much easier to deal with the company that installed the units and let them deal with the manufacture.

I saw that thread, but I agree with you that with something like this (installation of a whole new system vs repair), the length of time a company has been in business matters.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:15 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,327,602 times
Most builders seem to use either Chas Roberts or Sonoran Air, however, I don't know if that really means anything to the OP. Our system (a Carrier 14 SEER system with gas furnace) was installed by Chas Roberts, and we haven't had any issues.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Most builders seem to use either Chas Roberts or Sonoran Air, however, I don't know if that really means anything to the OP. Our system (a Carrier 14 SEER system with gas furnace) was installed by Chas Roberts, and we haven't had any issues.

The one I have now was installed by them, as was the original, as they contracted with the builder. I'm looking for other options.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:50 PM

9,600 posts, read 31,688,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Well, my 13 year old heat pump needs repairs that are probably not worth doing on a 13 year old unit (and the air handler in the attic is even older). Anyone have recent experience with an AC business they can recommend in terms of price, quality of work, etc.?
So far (new Heat Pump last May) I'm very happy with Chas Roberts.

Chas Robert's Phoenix Air Conditioning Repair & Replacement

I contacted six plus HVAC companies and ChasRoberts was the most professional and punctual all the way from the initial sales call / estimate to the actual installation.

Sales Representative Tommy Helms lives in the Surprise area, however, I only have his 520 number.

Good Luck

Old 08-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,917,364 times
Howard Air. I bought my new ac from them not too long ago, they were great to work with.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:16 PM

157 posts, read 356,334 times
Just had to replace my 13 year old Heat Pump. On a recommendation from someone on here, I went with AirNow. Steve didn't try and talk me into something I didn't need. Just laid out the options and pros and cons and let me decide. Upgraded our 10 seer to a 13 seer heat pump. So far no hassles

Old 08-15-2013, 04:30 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,327,602 times
To the OP: What SEER rating are you looking at buying, and what is the SEER rating of your existing unit? Note that starting 2015, 14 SEER will be the minimum allowed to be sold in the southern United States (including Arizona), so perhaps you should get a 13 SEER unit while they last on the market (unless your existing unit is already 13 SEER or higher).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area