Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 04:28 PM

68 posts, read 162,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat1105 View Post
Mcanchola2 - I think we're building our house right around the corner from your house! Isn't that the big Mormon church in Ironwood Crossing? That's a beautiful pool, and we just sent an email this morning to California Pools for an estimate! Small world.
Yes, that is the church in Ironwood Crossing. How is your pool build going?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Came out great! Congrats!

One small critique if I may...WHERE ARE THE TREES?!?!
Trees = more stuff to skim out of the water (AKA Leafs)

Old 04-04-2014, 05:22 PM

487 posts, read 748,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanchola2 View Post
Yes, that is the church in Ironwood Crossing. How is your pool build going?
We can't seem to get a design and quote from either California,Presidential or Paddock. I've never seen anything like it. My husband finally called Paddock again this evening to ask them to please let us know if they truly don't want our tens of thousands of dollars, and we'll move on to someone who does. I'm considering sending a blanket email to 3-4 companies with our criteria and let the one who comes in with both a decent design and a quote the business...that is, if any of them ever actually comes through with both a quote and a design.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:31 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,024,107 times
Your pool is beautiful, just a personal preference but I do prefer trees or even plants to soften our cement walls in AZ . I love the clean look of the green "grass" though!

Old 04-04-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
We can't seem to get a design and quote from either California,Presidential or Paddock. I've never seen anything like it. My husband finally called Paddock again this evening to ask them to please let us know if they truly don't want our tens of thousands of dollars, and we'll move on to someone who does. I'm considering sending a blanket email to 3-4 companies with our criteria and let the one who comes in with both a decent design and a quote the business...that is, if any of them ever actually comes through with both a quote and a design.
Have you been to the show room for California Pools. We went to the showroom and designed our pool and had a quote that day.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:06 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,942,828 times
Quote:
Try our pool builder, Tribal Waters, too. 623-587-8500...talk to Gary and tell him Val referred you.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:26 AM

310 posts, read 1,160,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Try our pool builder, Tribal Waters, too. 623-587-8500...talk to Gary and tell him Val referred you.
I second the notion for Tribal Waters.....they are building our pool for us...They were very responsive when I called and inquired about an estimate, I called and two days later someone was at our house giving us an estimate. We got several quotes...from Thunderbird (we also liked them), California, Dolphin, and Presidential. Tribal Waters ended up matching a lower quote from one of the competitors and throwing in some added touches. Right now we are waiting for permits to return and then the real fun starts.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Have you been to the show room for California Pools. We went to the showroom and designed our pool and had a quote that day.
We're still in IL, so no, we're trying to do it all long-distance.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
We're still in IL, so no, we're trying to do it all long-distance.
when are you guys planning to move out here? What model of home did you go with here in Ironwood Crossings

Old 04-05-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
when are you guys planning to move out here? What model of home did you go with here in Ironwood Crossings
We went with a newer single story design called the Corsica, because we got a wedge-shaped lot and it had a side courtyard in addition to the covered back patio that appealed to us. You can see the church & steeple from our back yard, so we're pretty close to you. It's being built right now, so we have a realtor coming to the house at noon today to talk about when we should consider listing this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area