Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 11:03 PM

13 posts, read 20,651 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am moving out of a rental property and I am required to clean the carpets after I leave. The carpet is already very old/worn, but I still have to clean it.

Can anyone recommend a carpet company to clean my carpets for cheap. I don't want to be upsold. I don't care if they are clean. I just need them wet and I need a receipt.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 11:09 PM

51,074 posts, read 24,578,993 times
Are you sure that the rentor won't come back on you for unclean carpets? I have heard of this happening.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:19 PM

517 posts, read 1,707,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessebritches View Post
Can anyone recommend a carpet company to clean my carpets for cheap. I don't want to be upsold. I don't care if they are clean. I just need them wet and I need a receipt.

Thank you!
I'll print you up a receipt on my PC and supply you with a bucket of water?

Old 02-18-2014, 06:41 AM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,113,328 times
They will come back at you if they are not clean. Shrugging your shoulders and providing a receipt will more than likely not be sufficient when the landlord asks why they are not clean. I would change that thought process if it were me, you could wind up with a carpet cleaning expense as well as a lost deposit. You might as well get somebody that does a good job if you are going to have somebody do it.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:09 AM

836 posts, read 1,666,449 times
Hey- I moved into a place where I could see the stains 'ghosting' thru the shampoo job and the landlord shrugged it off; I'm not gonna pay a lot to clean those either.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:21 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,732,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
They will come back at you if they are not clean. Shrugging your shoulders and providing a receipt will more than likely not be sufficient when the landlord asks why they are not clean. I would change that thought process if it were me, you could wind up with a carpet cleaning expense as well as a lost deposit. You might as well get somebody that does a good job if you are going to have somebody do it.

not really - the bigger property mcmanagement places have clauses in the lease requiring a receipt on moveout, even if the carpet is sparkly - they really don't care if it's clean. its a clause designed to appeal to the out-of-state property owners, to make them feel like the property mcmanagement firm is "on the ball"..

Old 02-18-2014, 07:12 PM

13,985 posts, read 8,152,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
not really - the bigger property mcmanagement places have clauses in the lease requiring a receipt on moveout, even if the carpet is sparkly - they really don't care if it's clean. its a clause designed to appeal to the out-of-state property owners, to make them feel like the property mcmanagement firm is "on the ball"..

True and that's usually the same with repairs as well. Often repairs/cleaning are not actually checked or verified.

What I do is contact the PM and tell them to make sure the property is rent-ready when the tenants move out esp. with regards to cleaning. The last tenant got hit with a $100 cleaning bill because the carpet wasn't cleaned properly.

However, I should point out the reason the PM heeds by my concerns is because I have a number of rental properties. In other words he's making good money off me.

If I had just one single family home bring a $90-100 monthly commission he probably would have dropped me as soon as he realized I double check everything he does.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:07 PM

428 posts, read 5,887,389 times
Can you just rent the rug doctor in Walmart? I thought they work great and are cheap since you are doing the labor. Perhaps you can supply pictures along with the your receipt?

Old 02-19-2014, 08:07 AM

13,985 posts, read 8,152,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince3vince View Post
Can you just rent the rug doctor in Walmart? I thought they work great and are cheap since you are doing the labor. Perhaps you can supply pictures along with the your receipt?
I had a renter who went to Home Depot (if I recall correctly) where she rented a professional carpet cleaner. Worked great.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:26 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,732,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince3vince View Post
It's all in the lease that the tenant signs, but generally - no. It has to be "professionally cleaned".. that said, the landlord's only recourse if it wasn't done would be to charge a "reasonable" fee to have it done.. When I was a tenant, I just called one of those places on the back of a grocery-store receipt that had a special & gave them my credit card # after we moved out - I never even went back & looked at the carpet, it wasn't stained & I had my receipt. FWIW, the same lease required the tenant to replace the burner pans under the stove burners - lol.. the cheesy dollar-store pans I picked up were pretty awful, but I did what the lease required..

As a landlord, I'd personally rather the tenant didn't try to clean the carpet - if they've been there more than a couple years, It's probably going in the trash anyways, and If I'm going to re-use it, I'd rather have a pro crew come in to do the work - it's really easy to use waaaay too much soap doing it yourself & the carpet looks good for a few days & then gets permanently stomped the first time you walk on it. (we're not talking $70 per sq yard wool carpet in a rental anyway)..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area