Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 12:51 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times

Advertisements

I've been using the cheap 1.99 cleaners out of convenience but I'm done with them. They do a terrible job. The collars on my shirts are always messed up. They don't always come out clean. And sometimes my pants have these weird chalk-like like stains on them.

I'm willing to pay more for a great dry cleaning service. However, I'm skeptical that more expensive isn't always better. Is a cleaners that you recommend that truly does an excellent job even if they are expensive. At this point, I'm willing to pay for quality service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 12:56 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,017,424 times
AZriverfan...where are you looking to drop off your laundry? If you are looking around downtown then the cleaners near the goldspot market on 3rd ave. and roosevelt is excellent! They aren't expensive but reasonable and always get my laundry clean, crisp, and white mess free. They are right next to Calabria in the Roosevelt Square building.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:06 AM

13 posts, read 42,875 times
Del Ray cleaners at the southwest corner of B'way & McClintock in Tempe are great. Cheap and I haven't had any problems.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
AZriverfan...where are you looking to drop off your laundry? If you are looking around downtown then the cleaners near the goldspot market on 3rd ave. and roosevelt is excellent! They aren't expensive but reasonable and always get my laundry clean, crisp, and white mess free. They are right next to Calabria in the Roosevelt Square building.
Thanks for the tip. I work in downtown but i live in Tempe so I'm interested in areas in Tempe, Chandler, South Scottsdale and even Gilbert. Hey I'm willing to drive for quality.

I'm really looking for a place that does shirt collars well. Most of the cheap places really mess up the crease and my collars are misshaped.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:04 AM

1,170 posts, read 3,436,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I've been using the cheap 1.99 cleaners out of convenience but I'm done with them. They do a terrible job. The collars on my shirts are always messed up. They don't always come out clean. And sometimes my pants have these weird chalk-like like stains on them.

I'm willing to pay more for a great dry cleaning service. However, I'm skeptical that more expensive isn't always better. Is a cleaners that you recommend that truly does an excellent job even if they are expensive. At this point, I'm willing to pay for quality service.
yeah, they are horrible...i use cleaners depot and they starch da hell outta everything, even pants and I think somehow my pants shrunk too

Old 07-02-2008, 10:14 AM

92 posts, read 311,094 times
Any names of good cleaners in North Phoenix?

Old 07-02-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogetsthesaurus View Post
Any names of good cleaners in North Phoenix?
I liked Prestige Cleaners. I don't know if they have a north Phoenix location but there are a lot in Scottsdale and North Scottsdale. Depending on where you live, you might be able to drive to one. They don't have a location near me which is why I'm asking if anyone knows of a good place in the east valley.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:26 PM

141 posts, read 421,571 times
Default Fresh Cleaners in Chandler!

I just moved here about 8 months ago from Chicago, and tried God-knows how many different dry cleaners. I wasn't happy with any of them! Then, when I went shopping at the new Whole Foods near Ray and the 101 in Chandler, I came across Fresh Cleaners. Tried them and loved 'em!

Great quality, incredible service! My second time there, the owner recognized me, knew my name, and greeted me with a huge smile! Very nice change of pace from your typical cleaners.

Some care and some don't, but a nice perk about this place is that it is also environmentally friendly.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:56 AM

89 posts, read 269,360 times
I'd look for a natural/organic dry cleaner. The chemicals used in the traditional dry cleaning industry are extremely toxic. These remain on one's clothing and are absorbed through one's skin and inhaled. Look online for more info...you'll be shocked!

Old 09-22-2008, 08:03 AM

1,170 posts, read 3,436,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabundo94 View Post
I just moved here about 8 months ago from Chicago, and tried God-knows how many different dry cleaners. I wasn't happy with any of them! Then, when I went shopping at the new Whole Foods near Ray and the 101 in Chandler, I came across Fresh Cleaners. Tried them and loved 'em!

Great quality, incredible service! My second time there, the owner recognized me, knew my name, and greeted me with a huge smile! Very nice change of pace from your typical cleaners.

Some care and some don't, but a nice perk about this place is that it is also environmentally friendly.
what about the cost?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area