Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 06:00 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,641 times

Advertisements

I've seen set ups of business cards and brochures for holistic type stuff in a Pita Jungle restaurant. They are valley wide. Call one closest to you and check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 06:21 PM

277 posts, read 430,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
I've seen set ups of business cards and brochures for holistic type stuff in a Pita Jungle restaurant. They are valley wide. Call one closest to you and check it out.

Way cool !
thanX

Old 03-05-2014, 09:03 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCat View Post
Hi

When we lived in Sedona and in Flagstaff the New Frontiers health food stores have advertising space one could purchase, and some nice stores had neat bulletin boards.

Hubby and I are both self employed and are looking in Phoenix, N. Scottsdale, Desert Hills, etc., for a bulletin board where we can put our biz cards. So far I have found PostOffice desert hills, and a horse feed store in Cave Creek.

We have called Whole Foods, Sprouts, etc., but don't see that sort of thing here so much. I about to get in my car and look for used book stores.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you ~

Most stores did away with those bulletin boards for business cards awhile ago, too much clutter and other assorted crap that starts to look bad after awhile, disputes over flyers/business cards being moved...etc.

In anycase, just leaving business cards really isn't likely to help much if at all, especially out here in Phoenix. I have a friend who was big on the business card thing for awhile, leaving them in stores, handing them out at Home Shows, he said that for every 1000 he'd hand out, he'd get less than 5 or 6 calls back, less than a 1% return.

You'd get far better mileage improving your internet presence and joining various networking groups, meeting others of like-mind and getting your name out there. If you're offering a service, there's a bunch of websites you can post on such as Craiglist but ultimately you should have your own site that explains who you are, what you do and is a high visibility site...ie...for whatever service you're providing, you show up near the top on Google when people search for that service.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:24 PM

277 posts, read 430,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post

You'd get far better mileage improving your internet presence and joining various networking groups, meeting others of like-mind and getting your name out there. If you're offering a service, there's a bunch of websites you can post on such as Craiglist but ultimately you should have your own site that explains who you are, what you do and is a high visibility site...ie...for whatever service you're providing, you show up near the top on Google when people search for that service.
Thank you. I have had a web site for years. I am active on FB for may years and have sold a lot of things like a horse trailer, hubby's tools, furniture etc on Craig's list. I have also run an add for my biz on there as well for several years but doesn't get the response that more practical items get.

I have picked up the majority of my biz from locals finding my web site online by accident. The majority of my current biz is distant work from peopel in orhter states or other countries. I enjoy spending time on the computer and would welcome other sites. Have used Thumbtack extensively for local contacts and I am perhaps priced higher than my competitors. The fact that I am a ways north of Phoenix I might be too far for most people.

I was invited to do an interview on iTunes PodCast and got clients from that. People would hear the Podcast and call for appointment.

I just don't find Phoenix as easy to network as the Midwest. I have not seen a "Reader" magazine here.

Does anyone know of any print publications that work for body work/reiki type of metaphysical biz?

I have gone to trade shows, but those seem to be a lot of my competitors rather than complimentary businesses. I do crystal healing and a shop that sells gems and stones would be good but many of those online also do crystal healing like I do.

There is a new online site called Crystal Inner Circle and there are more professionals on the site than subscribers ... but that might change in a few years.

I have had a psychotherapy practice (always full), figure skating coach as well during much of the time, (always full) because of teaching a lot of classes easily picked up new students. Real estate agent (didn't like that too much) but got clients doing open houses and from listing signs. I am now professionally in a non-main stream biz and getting this sort of thing going is taking a lot longer.

Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by yellowbelle; 02-04-2016 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: advertising
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area