Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 03:01 PM

2 posts, read 6,430 times

Advertisements

Hi, thinking about looking in tartesso any thoughts ??? Is there any thing new going on there?
Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 03:42 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,691,607 times
Middle of nowhere.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:11 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,255,195 times
Not much more needs to be said than what DetroitN8V said. It is WAY out there and when we took a drive out there two or three years ago it was depressing as there were so many empty houses. Place felt like a ghost town. Things may have picked up since then but it is still a long way from everything. Lots of big overhead power lines running through the development that we didn't care for.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:05 PM

755 posts, read 1,121,990 times
We've been looking in the West Valley too (for a vacation home) but haven't ventured as far as Tartesso yet. From what folks have told us in our search, homes have started to fill up & you sure can buy a lot of house for the money--if the commute isn't a factor for you. I hope you hear from someone who has been there more recently; a lot has changed all around in 2-3 years.

It would help to know why Tartesso is interesting to you and what your overall needs are.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:58 AM

46 posts, read 39,323 times
Hi there, I'm reviving this older thread since I'm going to be looking at homes in the area in a couple weeks and Tartesso seems to have some nice houses with really good prices. Just wondering what people think of Tartesso in 2017? Good, bad?

Old 04-07-2017, 11:33 AM

39,124 posts, read 51,388,584 times
Tartesso is nice. Just out there. They are buildling there again and some recent plans have been unveiled for some major subdivisions. If the economy keeps up, it is just a matter of time before the hordes arrive. If the commute and a lack of amenities were not an issue, I would definitely go Tartesso over Sundance that you also are looking at.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Tartesso is nice. Just out there. They are buildling there again and some recent plans have been unveiled for some major subdivisions. If the economy keeps up, it is just a matter of time before the hordes arrive. If the commute and a lack of amenities were not an issue, I would definitely go Tartesso over Sundance that you also are looking at.
Thanks Ponderosa. Commute is not an issue since I work from home and my husband is retired. Is there a reason that Tartesso is better than Sundance in your opinion? Any advice is appreciated.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHunter View Post
Thanks Ponderosa. Commute is not an issue since I work from home and my husband is retired. Is there a reason that Tartesso is better than Sundance in your opinion? Any advice is appreciated.
How can I be delicate here? I just get the sense there are a lot of low life types living around the Sundance area. Tartesso is mostly an unpainted canvass. It kind of reminds me of Estrella from 25 years ago. They have huge plans for the area - something like 40000 homes, dozens of parks, three high schools. It'll be a while but the promise of Tartesso strikes me as better than the reality of Sundance.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
How can I be delicate here? I just get the sense there are a lot of low life types living around the Sundance area. Tartesso is mostly an unpainted canvass. It kind of reminds me of Estrella from 25 years ago. They have huge plans for the area - something like 40000 homes, dozens of parks, three high schools. It'll be a while but the promise of Tartesso strikes me as better than the reality of Sundance.
Thank you for your thoughts on this! I appreciate any and all input as we start this journey.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHunter View Post
Thank you for your thoughts on this! I appreciate any and all input as we start this journey.
As a retiree, you might be looking at the age restricted part of Sundance which like all such communities is clean, uniform, reasonably safe and likely to stay that way. You also get amenities there that would be years away in Tartesso, something that does matter to retirees who, frankly, don't have the time to wait for the development.

When I first moved to Estrella there were about 50 houses total. We had to drive 25 miles round trip for a gallon of milk. We went months without pizza (and still have not had Chinese takeout delivered in over two decades!). But we drove to town everyday for work, so we could pick things up on the way. We were not retired. The convenience of having most of life's needs within a couple miles is something you should weigh and may tip the scales in favor of Sundance. Spending your leisure years chasing to town for everything might not be what you had in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area