Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2014, 11:45 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,023,969 times

Advertisements

We have 2005 laminate in our kitchen and integrated countertops and sinks in our bathrooms and there is a service stonelikerefinishing dot com - has anyone done this with their counters? It's not super expensive and this is a seasonal home but I don't want to spend the money and have it look fake. If we could afford/justify granite countertops we would but until we are retired and spending more time here (likely 10 or so years) I really don't want to spend thousands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 08:56 AM

125 posts, read 166,664 times
I'm not sure if what you're referring to is the same, but we re-did our kitchen counters with granite transformations 8 years ago and couldn't be happier. It's a granite composite, they put it on right over your existing countertop so there is no demo. I can put hot things straight out of the oven onto it and it hasn't needed any maintenance in all this time and has no spots or stains - although we chose a pale color. Two of our friends had it done as well and we are all pleased. They also put in an undermount sink. We put a granite slab on our kitchen island and then used granite transformations for all the other counters in the kitchen, bar and mudroom. I really don't know if this is the same sort of material, but it is worth checking out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area