Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2014, 02:26 AM

2 posts, read 2,004 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I am moving to Phoenix quite soon. I will be living on West Indian School Rd, near the sky desert mall (if my memory is correct).
Originally from very small town Iowa, currently in Des Moines.
What should I expect?
Please don't purposely worry me, as I have been drawn to this area for quite some time!
Looking forward to this, I just want to make sure I'm not going to a bad area. I expect there to be more 'human activity' than what I'm used to. I guess I just want to know how much more.
Either way, this wayfarer is still excited. Already have 3 job interviews set up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 05:47 AM

17,916 posts, read 43,629,374 times
It's not the best area, but I suspect lots of people live there without incident. It will be very different from small town Iowa. If you end up working in some other part of the Valley, though, you will be in for a lot of driving.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:45 AM

2,747 posts, read 3,332,654 times
good luck in your move-a lot of people from the Midwest relocate to Arizona like the previous poster said it will be very different than Iowa and many people live there just fine-you might want to get a month to month place or a short lease in west phoenix until you know you like living in that part of Phoenix and your drive to work is not too long-traffic on the I-10 from west phoenix into downtown can be quite heavy at times and public transit out there is not the best-maybe some fellow Iowans can smooth your transition
https://www.facebook.com/phoenixiowaclub
Game Watch Locations | Phoenix Iowa Club
Phoenix

Old 03-23-2014, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 2,004 times
Thanks for the input! Definitely looking forward to the move! Can't wait to go to a place with more people. I love Iowa, but I don't plan on raising a family just yet, and that's what the Midwest is for!

Old 03-23-2014, 08:45 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,376,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurdtMillion View Post
Thanks for the input! Definitely looking forward to the move! Can't wait to go to a place with more people. I love Iowa, but I don't plan on raising a family just yet, and that's what the Midwest is for!
I just moved here from Des Moines in November after 2 and half years of research. I've had no issues at all. The city is set up on a grid system much like Des Moines, so it is easy to get around. The metro area here is HUGE though. That was the biggest adjustment for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: