Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 10:16 AM

8 posts, read 10,795 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to purchase a home in the Phoenix Area. Meaning we are interested in all outlying areas of the Metro area. We are trying to narrow our search down to the best area to have put our young boys into school and that we can also have our horses. You would consider us a family that lives the western lifestyle. We rodeo, rope and have 5 horses to consider. We understand each area may have different restrictions on how many horses per acre etc. I am looking for feedback from anyone that is good information that will help narrow down my search. Schools are very important factor in my search. I want my boys to have the best school systems I can find but also have the space to keep our horses. Our price range is up to $600,000. We have looked at Wickenburg, Cave Creek which I still don't have enough information to make a good decision. Thanks for any feedback you have!! This MONTANA girl wants to head south!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 10:35 AM

19,464 posts, read 27,991,092 times
I'd consider Apache Junction (though I don't know about the schools) and maybe New River.

But the most important part is this: Where are you going to be working?

Old 04-04-2014, 11:22 AM

2,155 posts, read 5,199,867 times
Without question the Cave Creek, Desert Hills, New River areas are an excellent choice. This area is close enough to the city (easy access to highways) and amenities like shopping and dining to keep you from getting bored, yet the "western lifestyle" dominates here. Many of the homes and properties are horse properties. Riding is easy, there are hundreds of acres of state land and you border the Tonto National Forest. Many people ride right out of their backyards. The area is in the foothills north of Phoenix which provides some very nice mountain views, slightly cooler temperatures and better air quality than down in the valley.

This area is served by two school districts, the Deer Valley Unified School District (DVUSD) and the Cave Creek Unified School District (CCUSD), both are highly rated.

Last edited by AZJoeD; 04-04-2014 at 12:19 PM..

Old 04-04-2014, 01:05 PM

My husband and I have own a Golf Course Consulting business. He travels and works for his home office. I am currently a HR and Accountant for a very large construction company. We wont be basing our location on employment situation.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:09 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,545,327 times
Rio Verde has a lot of horse property, lots of reining/roping/cow horse trainers out that way.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:28 PM

2,155 posts, read 5,199,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Rio Verde has a lot of horse property, lots of reining/roping/cow horse trainers out that way.
Yes, the Rio Verde Foothills area just east of Scottsdale is very nice also, but your selection will be more limited as homes carry a higher price tag there. This might be good for your husband, as there are numerous golf courses in the area. Rio Verde, Tonto Verde, Scottsdale National, Troon, Desert Highlands, Desert Mountain and more, all within a few miles and a bunch of courses in Fountain Hills.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJoeD View Post
Yes, the Rio Verde Foothills area just east of Scottsdale is very nice also, but your selection will be more limited as homes carry a higher price tag there. This might be good for your husband, as there are numerous golf courses in the area. Rio Verde, Tonto Verde, Scottsdale National, Troon, Desert Highlands, Desert Mountain and more, all within a few miles and a bunch of courses in Fountain Hills.
Yes, we are working down there already!!

Old 04-04-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Thanks for the input.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:27 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,190,361 times
South Chandler/Gilbert/Queen Creek area would work as well. There is a ton of horse property in those areas, even around the 202 with the added bonus of great schools. There is also a huge practice/show arena at Riggs and Ellsworth...Horseshoe Park and Equestrian Centre. Our daughter attends quite a few horse shows and competitions in this area as well as the Scottsdale Saddle Club up north. Just put "horse facilities" in as a search criteria on Realtor.com and it will pull up properties for you, whether they have horse facilities or are zoned for horses.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:31 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,190,361 times
Oh...also Estrella...might want to check this out as well if the kids are really into Agribusiness: Early College High School | Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center (AAEC)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area