Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 09:48 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,991,864 times

Advertisements

Nostalgia has compelled me to purchase a FIFA World Cup Brasil sticker album from Panini. As a kid I collected the MLB stickers and this is my first non-baseball album. The stickers are highly popular among soccer fans and some people were inspired to collect after getting a free album at the USA v Mexico game at University of Phoenix Stadium not too long ago. Please leave a reply if you're collecting and where you are buying your stickers locally. I have been to two Targets and found the album at stickers at one of them. I am going to try and maintain a list who has them and who does not. Feel free to contribute.

For interested parties I have heard there is a sticker trading party tonight at 6pm at a Colombian restaurant in Mesa called La Tiendita Cafe (456 W Main Street).

Has stickers:

Target - 44th St & Thomas (as of 4/15)

Does not have stickers:

Target - 19th Ave & Bethany Home (as of 4/15)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 03:45 PM

5 posts, read 11,750 times
I'm so sad I missed this by a few days. Any chance of you doing another one? Perhaps a bit closer to Mesa, maybe?

Old 04-20-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asalieri View Post
I'm so sad I missed this by a few days. Any chance of you doing another one? Perhaps a bit closer to Mesa, maybe?
I bought a bunch of packs while in Germany, fearing I would not be able to find them here in the valley. I have a bunch of repeats, and definitely looking to trade.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:41 PM

The owner of La Tiendita Cafe said they would be doing another event this coming Friday.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:28 PM

4 posts, read 8,848 times
I have some duplicates and extras, I am willing to trade. I live in North Phoenix, ( Anthem Area), but I work in Phoenix and Scottsdale area. So maybe we can all meet somewhere and trade. I want to get rid off all these extras.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:32 PM

There is a place on 43rd Ave and Bell road, they have them. I got mine there, and the owner is pretty cool.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:53 AM

Man, I wonder if there's any in Mesa, where I live.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asalieri View Post
Man, I wonder if there's any in Mesa, where I live.
Target has them. It's just a matter of who has any in stock at any given time. I just left a Target near work in Scottsdale that was currently out but they had some last week. Walgreen's and Dollar Tree are also official sellers according to Panini (though my local Walgreen's did not have any).

The Colombian restaurant holding the swap party on Friday is in Mesa. Their address is in my original post. Last week they had individual packs in stock and they also sold entire boxes of stickers for $50. I don't think I'll be able to make in Friday but I may drop in tomorrow night and see if anyone is lurking around and looking to swap stickers. The owners of the restaurant and their kids are all collecting and they all have their own swap stack.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:58 PM

I can do tomorrow night. Got a list of which ones you need? I do, if you wanna check and hold some for me

Old 04-21-2014, 11:12 PM

Well, we can meet up. I didn't know target sells them. But since we already got 3/4 of our album covered not sure if you really want to gamble and buy another pack. What we can do is to exchange it. I'll try to contact the owner in north Phoenix as well so maybe he can host some event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area