Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 06:14 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
The wind and dust has arrived in Goodyear.
Yeah, I was just up the street at the store. You feel dirty just walking across the parking lot. Without doubt, these spring wind storms are my least favorite part of the weather here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 12:54 AM

3,328 posts, read 2,268,331 times
Beautiful cool breeze right now 'out here' in San Tan Valley. I am debating going somewhere Sat/Sun but the last time I did that on the last cool weekend before summer, there were what felt like a million other people there too--because of course we all want to enjoy that last bit of Spring!

I may just enjoy hanging out at home with the windows open and the A/C off.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:53 AM

2,338 posts, read 4,713,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRetiree View Post
Tucson has a worse dust problem and my allergies were much worse there. It just depends on the person.
If you google "Phoenix air quality ranking" and "Tucson air quality ranking" , the scientific research on the links speaks for itself. Phoenix is where working age individuals make the best living in the state and financial potential supersedes climatic preferences. I've always acknowledged finding solutions throughout the the plethora of recreational opportunities in this state. Those that don't leave The Valley and complain about whatever are the ones that deserve to be roasted on here.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:03 AM

Always solutions to the weather pattern in PHX without getting into an I 17 logjam enroute to Flagstaff. Drive north of Sunflower on The Beeline and veer off at the Mt Ord Rd exit before the descent into Rye. A beautiful 7 mile one lane dirt road will take you to the top of Mt Ord for stunning views. That elevation at 7000 ft may see snowflakes this weekend. The Beeline is never congested and one can get the Flagstaff effect without dodging idiots going too fast or too slow on I 17.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:25 AM

Only sparsely populated areas outside the urban heat island well north and NE got any precipitation out of this. Unfortunately Ponderosa's prediction was correct. He was only wrong in that I don't believe even a sprinkle fell.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:28 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
Only sparsely populated areas outside the urban heat island well north and NE got any precipitation out of this. Unfortunately Ponderosa's prediction was correct. He was only wrong in that I don't believe even a sprinkle fell.
It is just starting! There is quite a bit of activity off to the northwest with showers forming south and moving our way. Also, unless you are bringing it up for geographical reference the urban heat island is irrelevant in frontal storms such as this. What matters is the orographic lift from sw winds moving upslope to higher areas north and east of us.

Anyway, my predication was several days ago. Since then the odds have improved, though I don't expect much in the bucket when its all said and done

Old 04-26-2014, 10:38 AM

3,819 posts, read 11,937,252 times
Just started sprinkling here in North Peoria. Can't believe all the snow they are getting up north this late into April!

Old 04-26-2014, 10:55 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
I'm freezing. I hate this weather. I've been sick the last couple of days with the flu and could really use a nice warm sunny day to sit outside and recharge. Instead I am stuck inside wearing my fleece PJs. I put sweaters on the dogs. It is warmer in Iowa! Come ON!!!

But...better this weekend than next. (still hate it though!)

Old 04-26-2014, 11:12 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,217,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I'm freezing. I hate this weather. I've been sick the last couple of days with the flu and could really use a nice warm sunny day to sit outside and recharge. Instead I am stuck inside wearing my fleece PJs. I put sweaters on the dogs. It is warmer in Iowa! Come ON!!!

But...better this weekend than next. (still hate it though!)
This weather is great and we'd have our doors open if it wasn't for the dust. The dust is the only part of desert living I struggle with.

Sorry you've been sick, hope you're better soon.

BTW: I'd not let your dogs hang outside when it is dusty as there is a high rate of valley fever in dogs here.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:16 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Very windy in S Tempe right now, and dusty.. couldn't see South Mountain as I was driving west a few minutes ago. Rain? Who knows. There won't be much, if there's any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area