Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 08:59 AM

6,408 posts, read 9,021,355 times

Advertisements

Vice used to be fantastic but the website and magazine have gone down hill. ViceTV is the only worthwhile thing they do now. A lot of their b.s. articles get trolled and maimed in the comments section. Just another hate/hit piece.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 09:17 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,156,005 times
Why do you all even care? Clearly the article was written by someone who doesn't like Phoenix, it is sort of a joke and exageration of the negative aspects...some of the information is flat our wrong...but no one is going to read this article and have an epiphany regarding a possible move to Phoenix. Anyone that lives or visits Phx knows that the vast majority of the people enjoy living here enjoy doing so-more than I have ever seen in other places at least. So who cares is some people don't share this positive opinon? That's their problem. Don't waste your time worrying about someone else's complaints if you find them baseless or inaccurate. Write about how great it is. But to react to this article as if it has some importance doesn't make much sense.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:14 PM

408 posts, read 583,159 times
Other city forums have similar puns put on them with various articles, why can't Phoenix natives and posters have a negative reaction to a rubbish post? You are correct that it will not change how people live their lives or how they feel about Phoenix, but when an article is this attacking I would be shocked if people did not speak up!

Overall some things are true, but his non-stop attack of Phoenix is why the people on this forum and folks on other internet sites have a problem with it. The disrespect of a metro made up of 4.3 million people and the popularity of that site with the younger crowd is probably why it has gotten so much national attention. Its not a good look...just saying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
Why do you all even care? Clearly the article was written by someone who doesn't like Phoenix, it is sort of a joke and exageration of the negative aspects...some of the information is flat our wrong...but no one is going to read this article and have an epiphany regarding a possible move to Phoenix. Anyone that lives or visits Phx knows that the vast majority of the people enjoy living here enjoy doing so-more than I have ever seen in other places at least. So who cares is some people don't share this positive opinon? That's their problem. Don't waste your time worrying about someone else's complaints if you find them baseless or inaccurate. Write about how great it is. But to react to this article as if it has some importance doesn't make much sense.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:44 AM

567 posts, read 791,034 times
I hate to say it, but I pretty much agree with his observations.
However, I don't hate Phoenix. I'll always love it. I just think it'll be time soon for the two of us to part ways, as it were, and I've lived here since '73.
I miss the blue skies, the lack of constant traffic, the more honest government, the cooler nights. Gone forever.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:12 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,762,136 times
It was entertaining and had more than a little bit of truth to it.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:22 AM

2 posts, read 2,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post

I care because the Vice show is pretty good, however the fact that a resident of Phoenix took the time to complain about his city, with no solutions or ideas, is pathetic. It's a free country so move wherever you would like!
Phoenix will always be beige.......it's the desert! (lighter colored homes also don't retain as much heat).
We will also never be a vertical city like Chicago, NYC etc. There is too much land to continue urban sprawl. Home values relative to average wages are much better than CA as well. It may be lacking from a cultural perspective but.........no one has to stay!

Old 02-03-2015, 09:15 AM

1,629 posts, read 2,636,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samckey78 View Post
I care because the Vice show is pretty good, however the fact that a resident of Phoenix took the time to complain about his city, with no solutions or ideas, is pathetic. It's a free country so move wherever you would like!
Phoenix will always be beige.......it's the desert! (lighter colored homes also don't retain as much heat).
We will also never be a vertical city like Chicago, NYC etc. There is too much land to continue urban sprawl. Home values relative to average wages are much better than CA as well. It may be lacking from a cultural perspective but.........no one has to stay!
Like you said, it's a free country. He has the right to complain without offering solutions. You also have the right to not read what he wrote.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:34 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,634,440 times
Aw, these pieces are great! We are in the sixth largest city with 1.4 million people calling us home and if you include the Metro area it's 4.3 million people, and we have over 37 million people visit here a year.

We could use all the discouraging blogs we could get. It would do wonders for our pollution.

It would be so awesome if we could clear out some of these people and have a quiet oasis here in the valley. Some how, despite these naysayers we have crowds of people waiting in line to buy a ticket to Phoenix. As much as I would like it to, I doubt this article will prove as any deterrent.

And FYI: Politics suck everywhere! Please, tell me if I'm missing a city in our country with a wonderful political system and I will think about moving on up.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:38 PM

480 posts, read 847,878 times
Some people have nothing to say about the good things, but don't hesitate to pile on and list the bad things. I sometimes wonder how they manage to get out of bed in the morning.

It must be wearying to see only the bad, the foul, and the dreadful in everything.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:38 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,442,513 times
Misery looking for company, that's all. It must be a lonely person.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area