Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 08:46 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,659,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
The sheriff finally serving a search warrant on the property. Pretty long period between the incident and search warrant. Plenty of time to fix (destroy evidence) and get stories straight
Right, what a complete joke. This is nothing more than a classic Sheriff Joe publicity stunt. Who waits weeks to search for evidence, giving the suspects plenty of time to destroy evidence and cover their tracks? He would have been better off doing nothing. A blind person could see through this charade. You have to feel bad for the families that lost their dogs, especially after this slap in the face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 09:00 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,449,524 times
It did take an inexplicably long timeto come back with a warrant, but the principals have already provided so much contradictory information out of their own mouths that there's quite a bit of evidence. And, law enforcement has been on the property before, when this first broke. It isn't like they didn't gather evidnce then, either. We shall see.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:08 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,460,254 times
Sounds funny to me. I was an HVAC for more than a decade and if those dogs died because the AC was off then there's human error at some point in this. Considering I've seen everything wildlife can do to an HVAC system. Something was not installed correctly (allowing a bored dog access) or the system was not maintained and/or had a failure while no one was watching the dogs.

Some factors for us to consider.

People take such things as HVAC systems in their homes for granted. They are seldom maintained properly and will break down more frequently because of this. If older than 10 years modern HVAC systems are not too reliable. I suspect in a climate such as Arizonas HVAC equipment is used hard too.

I have to ask why those dogs were left alone in a house and in a small room like that for a long period of time. They're like kids, if theirs trouble to be found they will usually find it.

The owners of this place are liable beyond a doubt.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:16 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,306,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Sounds funny to me. I was an HVAC for more than a decade and if those dogs died because the AC was off then there's human error at some point in this. Considering I've seen everything wildlife can do to an HVAC system. Something was not installed correctly (allowing a bored dog access) or the system was not maintained and/or had a failure while no one was watching the dogs.

Some factors for us to consider.

People take such things as HVAC systems in their homes for granted. They are seldom maintained properly and will break down more frequently because of this. If older than 10 years modern HVAC systems are not too reliable. I suspect in a climate such as Arizonas HVAC equipment is used hard too.

I have to ask why those dogs were left alone in a house and in a small room like that for a long period of time. They're like kids, if theirs trouble to be found they will usually find it.

The owners of this place are liable beyond a doubt.
The whole thing is BS. I can't imagine it would get that hot overnight to kill all of the dogs.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:27 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,611,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
The whole thing is BS. I can't imagine it would get that hot overnight to kill all of the dogs.
Especially when the nighttime temps are in the 70's, like it was at the time. Something tells me they weren't checked on for a longer period of time.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:31 AM

Of course it was more than a faulty AC unit that killed these dogs. I wonder why necropsies either weren't done or haven't yet been released.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Of course it was more than a faulty AC unit that killed these dogs. I wonder why necropsies either weren't done or haven't yet been released.

What I read with respect to some of the dog owners' comments was that the bodies were too decomposed to perform a valid necropsy. (which also makes the timeline given by the kennel owners make no sense)

Old 07-09-2014, 02:34 PM

Here's a link to Sheriff Joe's press conference:

MCSO serves warrants at site of Gilbert dog deaths - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Old 07-09-2014, 10:06 PM

Once again.... Religion is OFF TOPIC to this thread. It will be closed if it comes up again.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:11 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,721,917 times
Alrighty. The accused parties due to their connections will likely tie up the investigation with smoke and mirror alibis along with repeated discovery requests from their legal representation assuming they are indicted. Even if indicted, their stroke will likely get them a slap on the hand plea bargain such as probation despite burying a dog and lying about two running away from the facility. That's how I see it playing out unfortunately. If the facility was ran by Average Joes new to the community, quite sure the end result would be much harsher........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area