Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 11:33 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,677,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
Alrighty. The accused parties due to their connections will likely tie up the investigation with smoke and mirror alibis along with repeated discovery requests from their legal representation assuming they are indicted. Even if indicted, their stroke will likely get them a slap on the hand plea bargain such as probation despite burying a dog and lying about two running away from the facility. That's how I see it playing out unfortunately. If the facility was ran by Average Joes new to the community, quite sure the end result would be much harsher........
Of course the result would be completely different if the suspects didn't have their "ties". Not sure why we have to be so cryptic. What's interesting is this will be a good test for old Joe to either prove that he doesn't care about the "influence" or that he will simply do whatever it takes to keep backs scratched. I have a feeling that we won't see justice here but I really hope I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 11:43 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,726,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Of course the result would be completely different if the suspects didn't have their "ties". Not sure why we have to be so cryptic. What's interesting is this will be a good test for old Joe to either prove that he doesn't care about the "influence" or that he will simply do whatever it takes to keep backs scratched. I have a feeling that we won't see justice here but I really hope I'm wrong.
The saving grace given that it's in Gilbert is that some of the families whose dogs died have similar "influence in the community" helping to neutralize the stroke of the accused so that they can help make it what this is all about. Pure negligence and clear as day cover ups.As you said, not holding my breath.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:53 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,726,981 times
Lastly, in the event this leads to a trial which is as likely as the 2014 Diamondbacks winning the Fall Classic, good luck finding impartial jurors to such polarizing backgrounds of both the defendants and the crime itself.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:57 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,484,857 times
Actually, I don't think finding a jury, if it there are felony charges and it comes to that, would be a problem at all. In many cases, it seems like there'd be a problem, but in reality, it doesn't happen as often as you think.

And remember, it isn't Sheriff Joe who makes the decision about prosecution, but the County Attorney. Harder to tell which way the wind will blow there.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:08 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,631,462 times
Deputies dig up another dog body at suburban Phoenix pet business - ktar.com

Old 07-10-2014, 09:01 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,769,877 times
Did anyone else think some of those dogs looked a little too stiff to be dead just 5 hours? They looked bloated...at least a few of them. I think this will soon expose those people for what they are.....and I predict Joe will go for their throats...at least I hope he does. He looked angry yesterday.
that said.. why would anyone leave their pet at that filthy place in the first place?

Old 07-10-2014, 09:08 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,484,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Did anyone else think some of those dogs looked a little too stiff to be dead just 5 hours? They looked bloated...at least a few of them. I think this will soon expose those people for what they are.....and I predict Joe will go for their throats...at least I hope he does. He looked angry yesterday.
that said.. why would anyone leave their pet at that filthy place in the first place?
I think that's exactly right. I have read already that the appearance of the bodies stacked in the shed was not consistent with dogs that had all died over the previous night (and them all dying in a five hour period overnight without A/C didn't make sense, either.) That's why some owners were told by vets that necropsies could not be done.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
While I hope that I couldn't have been duped into leaving my dogs there, you can't blame the dog owners. These people were professional con artists, with an invincibility complex due to their connections. They showed people the beautiful green lot where they were told their dogs would be playing by day and then sleeping in the house with them by night. These people have been working the system for years and I suspect that this was just one of their many scams.

Last edited by DetroitN8V; 07-10-2014 at 10:02 AM..

Old 07-10-2014, 11:34 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,146,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
While I hope that I couldn't have been duped into leaving my dogs there, you can't blame the dog owners. These people were professional con artists, with an invincibility complex due to their connections. They showed people the beautiful green lot where they were told their dogs would be playing by day and then sleeping in the house with them by night. These people have been working the system for years and I suspect that this was just one of their many scams.

Sleeping in the house with them by night would have been a huge red flag to me. Maybe I'm overprotective of my mutt but there's no way I would want my dog to be able to roam free around a strange house at night unsupervised with other dogs that I do not know. A proper boarding facility will have separate roomy kennels for each dog. Also, the fact that kids had direct access to the dogs would have turned me away.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
Sleeping in the house with them by night would have been a huge red flag to me. Maybe I'm overprotective of my mutt but there's no way I would want my dog to be able to roam free around a strange house at night unsupervised with other dogs that I do not know. A proper boarding facility will have separate roomy kennels for each dog. Also, the fact that kids had direct access to the dogs would have turned me away.
I agree but there are a lot of people that prefer, and legitimate businesses that offer more of a home-type environment. Villa La Paws is a very popular facility with good reviews and they don't provide separate kennel space. That's the reason I don't use them but a lot of people do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area