Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 03:56 AM

594 posts, read 701,748 times

Advertisements

Lets quit falling in the trap of people telling us how bad our weather is when in reality its the best.

Every living thing on planet earth is strengthen by the sun. And we have the most of it.

Personally I love the summers better then the winters in Arizona. I dread being cold. I hate carrying a jacket to wear in the winter time.

People dress better in the summertime.

I love pool parties. I love baseball and the boys of summer. Nothing like NFL training camps at this time of year.

I love the night sky in the summer and the stars sparkling. I love eating ice cream in the summertime.

I love sitting out by the lakes and watching the dragonfly criss-cross the water and the mountains in the background. I love seeing the different species of birds.

I love being " alive " in the summertime...

What a privilege to live in such a beautiful, warm, hot state. 98.6 98.6 98.6...100..105...110 ...AAAHHHH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 08:43 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,640,836 times
Glad you're happy!! Yes, I agree, the sun is very healthy. It does more than give you vitamin D, it's also good for your heart!
Watch this video from the TED channel, and it will make you feel even better about living in the sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh9lDWPMWrM

Old 07-05-2014, 09:07 AM

654 posts, read 1,500,558 times
Absolutely! The human race began in Africa not the polar regions, there is a reason why people should be warm.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:31 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,263,756 times
Great post OP! While I enjoy the fringe months best myself I agree with the point you are making.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:27 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,660,482 times
I too like the summers better than winters here although the winters don't suck either.
We are a minority in here and I'm sure there will be many that will soon write in this thread about how wrong you are. That's ok. We can still have our opinion. I'm a desert rat and was from my first day here 3 years ago.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:31 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,344,710 times
Not every human has a body temp of 98.6 exactly. Some people are naturally a bit higher or lower. 98.6 is an average.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:33 AM

10,036 posts, read 8,717,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
Lets quit falling in the trap of people telling us how bad our weather is when in reality its the best.

Every living thing on planet earth is strengthen by the sun. And we have the most of it.

Personally I love the summers better then the winters in Arizona. I dread being cold. I hate carrying a jacket to wear in the winter time.

I love pool parties. I love baseball and the boys of summer. Nothing like NFL training camps at this time of year.

I love the night sky in the summer and the stars sparkling. I love eating ice cream in the summertime.

I love sitting out by the lakes and watching the dragonfly criss-cross the water and the mountains in the background. I love seeing the different species of birds.

What a privilege to live in such a beautiful, warm, hot state. 98.6 98.6 98.6...100..105...110 ...AAAHHHH
I agree and I think if you can put music to that you got yourself a hit song.

Old 07-05-2014, 04:25 PM

266 posts, read 287,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post

I'm glad you like the summers in Arizona. In May and June Arizona has lots of sunshine and the sun supplies you with Vitamin D. It's very good for your health as Vitamin D is very essential to a healthy body.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:16 AM

73 posts, read 126,265 times
I absolutely love hot weather. A few specific questions about this topic:

How ARE the winters in Phoenix? When you say you have to carry a jacket do you mean like a light jacket or can it get pretty cold? Also in the summer months the nights remain warm yes? And lastly, I know you don't get much precipitation but when you do, is it ever in the form of lightening/thunder storms?

Old 01-29-2015, 10:34 AM

1,629 posts, read 2,638,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char_Char View Post
I absolutely love hot weather. A few specific questions about this topic:

How ARE the winters in Phoenix? When you say you have to carry a jacket do you mean like a light jacket or can it get pretty cold? Also in the summer months the nights remain warm yes? And lastly, I know you don't get much precipitation but when you do, is it ever in the form of lightening/thunder storms?
Personally, as a resident of Phoenix, I think the winters are pretty chilly. Granted it is milder than the majority of the country, but I find that the majority of days here aren't particularly warm, they're just not that cold. You cannot comfortably swim, it can be pretty chilly sitting in the shade for an extended period of time (especially if it's windy), and you will still have to turn on your heat frequently. It guess it's really is all relative to what you're used to. There are plenty of transplants from the Midwest who feel comfortable walking around with their pasty arms and legs out all winter long, with flip flops on as well. However, with low temperatures that average out around 40 degrees, I wouldn't feel comfortable dressed like that at all. So, to answer your question, I get by with a heavier jacket. If you have have a jacket or even a fleece with decent insulation, you should be fine. There are mornings every year where temperatures drop below 30 degrees, so I would say keeping a pair of gloves and a hat would not be a bad idea either. We tend to have low humidity throughout the winter, which makes it feel a lot chillier than it would if there was more humidity. 65 here does not feel like an East Coast 65 and a 40 degree low here feels closer to 25-30 on the East Coast.

For your second question: we have a roughly 2 month long period from early July - early/mid September called monsoon season. We will occasionally get thunderstorms during this time, some of which are pretty intense. The risk of tornadoes or hail with these storms is very low though. It's just mostly windy and very dusty before we get a very strong, but usually brief, downpour. We can get thunder/lightning outside of monsoon season, but that is pretty rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: