Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 02:10 AM

2 posts, read 4,456 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information of the murder of Bob Climmons, it happend at Shanes night club on March 26th 1979.? I have trying to find out information for all these years, and after 35 years I have found out nothing! So far I think it is still a unsolved murder. I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me anything. THANK YOU!!!

Old 07-18-2014, 03:29 PM

268 posts, read 430,781 times
Why are you interested in that particular case? Just curious.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:43 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,150,271 times
I would probably start with the police department?

Old 07-18-2014, 04:05 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,427,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
I would probably start with the police department?

I'm not sure what you are looking for, or what you already know. As noted above, I would think there would be at least some police reports you would have access to. (you'd have to pay for them, of course) Otherwise, it is one of many cold cases out there in cities all over the country. You are unlikely to find anyone here who knows anything that the police don't know and is willing to share it online.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:11 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,990,673 times
Visit the police department for any public records they may have and research newspaper articles in the archive at Burton Barr.

The name Robert Climmons does not yield any hits on the public records search for the county recorder nor does an internet search of the name.

Here's information about obtaining records from the Phoenix PD:

https://www.phoenix.gov/police/help/...ts-pub-records

Last edited by Bondurant; 07-18-2014 at 09:25 PM..

Old 07-18-2014, 11:34 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,608,054 times
are you sure it was Phoenix? Was it ruled a homicide? The name returned no results on Phoenix Police Department Cold Case Homicide - Search (First link)

Search

The Silent Witness

Old 07-24-2014, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,160 times
Hi Iam the son of robert clemons jr Bob clemons murder victim Let me tell you the real story of a true hero in our families eyes A man that came from dirt pour Tennessee went to fight in the Korean war at age 16 was wounded came home went to work in the ship yards in Cleveland . Moved to phx az in 1959 and helped run family owed bar in down town phx court house loung,Harry wilson. Worked hard an saved enough to build shanes night club so that he could get away from down town phx .Unfortunately March26 1979 our hero was murdered by a few low life drug addict looking for somthing for nothing .With all the newDNA the phx police just started looking at the case again they know who did it all the people involved .an who lead them there.I hope an pray someday these people feel the pain that they have caused my family!!!

Old 07-26-2014, 05:18 PM

2 posts, read 4,456 times
Default your dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret Clemons View Post
Hi Iam the son of robert clemons jr Bob clemons murder victim Let me tell you the real story of a true hero in our families eyes A man that came from dirt pour Tennessee went to fight in the Korean war at age 16 was wounded came home went to work in the ship yards in Cleveland . Moved to phx az in 1959 and helped run family owed bar in down town phx court house loung,Harry wilson. Worked hard an saved enough to build shanes night club so that he could get away from down town phx .Unfortunately March26 1979 our hero was murdered by a few low life drug addict looking for somthing for nothing .With all the newDNA the phx police just started looking at the case again they know who did it all the people involved .an who lead them there.I hope an pray someday these people feel the pain that they have caused my family!!!
Bret, this is Joyce, I was working for your dad at Shanes when he was killed, I closed the night club that sunday night, he was a true hero all through his life and is deeply missed for all these 35 years, there isn't many days go by without me thinking about him.I have contacted the phoenix police department many times over the past years, and I have contacted them recently and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I got a note from your daughter but don't knoe how to reply. I would like to talk to you more about your dad but not on the internet. Please let me know how to contact you. Good to be able to find you after all these years.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:07 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,427,256 times
You can exchange contact info using the direct message function on this site. Click on the user name and select from the drop down menu that appears. Good luck!

Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: