Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 06:10 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,213,425 times

Advertisements

Tandoori Times (right across the street from Trader Vic's): Indian. A little "hole in the wall" dumpy place. Had a chicken wrap-->very good. My sister goes to school with a number of Indian friends and they all recommended this place to her. Downright cheap, the wrap was only like $8. Rice pudding and some variation on a caramel dumpling was yummy. For 2 we got out of there at lunch under $25 including dessert. Just dont go into the ladies room-->pretty dismal. Recommend if you dont need to use the restroom. ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 06:13 AM

White Chocolate Grill (in Scottsdale 101 plaza at Mayo): Very nice atmosphere. No idea why they called it white chocolate tho because I didnt see anything white other than the napkins lol! I had a French dip--->superb, perhaps the best I have ever had. Reasonably priced. Tho my sister told me some of their other dishes are "so so". Recommend with a buyer beware.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:17 AM

Z Tejas (Fashion Square): Mexican with a flare. Yummy! Love the stuffed chilies with a chicken, pecan, apricot filling. Also the shrimp and guacamole appetizers. Reasonably priced. You must must must do cornbread--->the best on the planet. I could make a meal out of the cornbread alone. Definitely recommend.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:30 AM

Pinnacle Peak Patio (Jomax Rd): Cowboy steak house plain and simple. Reasonably priced. Lots of fun and good food. Dare you gentlemen to wear a tie--->they cut them off and hang them on the wall. Definitely recommend, especially fun for a family or group.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:31 AM

Gordon Biersch Brewery (Scottsdale 101 at Mayo): Brew-house with typical fare. Reasonably priced. Garlic fries are a must if you like garlic. Didnt try any of the brews but have heard they are outstanding. Recommend.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:36 AM

La Hacienda (Scottsdale Fairmont Princess): Mexican. I believe the only 4 or 5 star Mexican restaurant in America. And IMHO 100% deserving of the honor. Food, dining area and service were outstanding. Not for the slim of wallet tho. We went with a group function and all told, with full appetizer course, entrees, desert and liquor (including the 150 year old tequila-->wow!), sum total was around $300 PER person. Most definitely recommend if you are looking for a way to get rid of a decent sized chunk of your disposable income.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:22 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,331,863 times
Thanks... but no thanks. I think I'll stick to my $6.50 Indian buffets in the neighborhood east of ASU in Tempe.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:27 AM

Veneto Trattoria (Hilton Village off Scottsdale near McDonald): Italian. Chicken Scallopini was ok. Gnocchi were very good. Tiramisu was awesome. We went for a work luncheon. Some of my coworkers had for dessert what was essentially an ice cream dish with scotch (?) and some type of sauce. I am not a scotch fan so I did not go anywhere near it. But they said it was good and was more like scotch with a dash of ice cream lol! Price average. Quality: ok. I've had better authentic Italian, but have also had worse. Parking totally stinks-->there are a few restaurants in this complex and at lunch time not enough parking. Not sure about dinner.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:33 AM

PF Changs (Kierland; also at Fashion Square): Most of the dishes I have tried have been fairly good. Reasonably priced. Appetizers are good as well. I love the lettuce wraps. Tried a salt shrimp of some sort that was also very good. Liked the orange chicken. They make the best rice, white or brown. Only complaint is that in both locations, the way the seating is arranged, when the restaurant is full, it is an obstacle course to make your way in/out/around the restaurant. Recommend.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:40 AM

Pizza Picazzo (Promenade at FLW & Scottsdale): Essentially a fancy pizza joint. Some very interesting "designer" pizzas-->like my son had a shrimp pizza. Pricing is a tad on the high side for a pizza joint. The small pizza essentially like a "personal size" with I think 4 slices was if I remember correctly around $15 or more. Not a place to take a hungry 19 year old son. I just see something theoretically wrong after appetizers and pizzas and beverages with forking out close to $70 for dinner for 2 at a pizza place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area