Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 01:47 PM

35 posts, read 185,145 times

Advertisements

Thanks for taking the time to post. I'm bookmarking this thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 03:28 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,777,745 times
Very helpful of you. Thanks

Old 01-17-2008, 09:35 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,216,681 times
SandBar (Gold Dust & Scottsdale behind California Pizza Kitchen): Recommend. Went there tonite after Barrett-Jackson. Very very cool place-->most notably in warmer months. Huge open to outdoors patio, sand (yes, that is why I suspicion they called it SandBar), and even a wading pool complete with beach balls! Ladies night is Thursday. I had a chicken chimichanga. Pretty good. My niece had an empanada which was terrific. Super guacamole. Very reasonable price (I think the chimichange was less than $9). Recommend.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:22 PM

Chompies (Paradise Valley Mall): A New York deli in Scottsdale. Sandwiches are HUGE. Fresh bread is AWESOME. Prices are low (sandwiches ran under $10). They have an AWESOME bakery case as well, but didnt try any this time. I had a brisket sandwich on potato pancakes. The meat was perfectly done-not dry, not runny. Definitely recommend. I also hear their breakfasts are supposed to be awesome. I believe there is another location around 100th & FLW or so my sister said.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:25 PM

Elephant Bar (Scottsdale 101 at Mayo & Scottsdale): Been here twice. Definitely recommend. Prices are actually very reasonable. Sandwiches run about $7 up. They also do a bit of Asian/fusion type stuff (hmmmm.....their decor says "safari" but some of their food says "Great Wall of China" lol!). I had a Philly Steak Sandwich the one visit and French dip the next visit. They were both good, but White Chocolate (see earlier in this post) still does a better French Dip (tho you pay much better for it as well...). I took 3 to dinner including a $13 appetizer platter for around $50. Tho if going at dinner hour-it is crowded. You will wait for seating. ;-)

Old 03-16-2008, 07:40 PM

Richardson's (On Bethany Home off the 51): Mexican. Small so plan accordingly when you want seating because there arent very many seats.... But very very good food. Pricing is reasonable. We went for brunch on a Sunday. I had some variation of eggs benedict with pork, served on tortillas-very good. Recommend.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:06 AM

Cowboy Ciao (at the Canal development behind Fashion Square/Nordstroms): Went here for a business lunch. Had some awesome polenta with pork. The flavors were a superb combination in the dish. A twist on comfort food done exceptionally well. Pricing was reasonable. I believe the entree was under $15. Definitely recommend.

On my to try list: All the rest of the restaurants down at the Canal. ;-)

Old 03-27-2008, 05:46 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,725,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
I know that one state has a motto like "home of 10,000 lakes". I hereby dub northern reaches of Phoenix and Scottsdale with its own: "Home of a Ten Million Restaurants" lol! I relocated here from Cleveland, and have never in my life seen so many restaurants!

So I am going to keep adding to this post to provide reviews on those that I try. In part to help others. In part to help me remember which ones I liked lol! Others can chime in of course. ;-)
Great post(s)!

You're not kidding about restaurant choices. I have 10 favorites within walking distance of my house (Kierland), but there are many more, I just frequent 10 of them, and I like walking because I don't like driving after I have something to drink, and I LIKE having something to drink. My walking range is from FLW/Scottsdale/Bell intersection south to Thunderbird. There are a lot of restaurants in that area... a LOT.

Mostly chains, but when in Rome...

Old 03-27-2008, 06:30 PM

Here Here 43/87! I love this area. I love Kierland too. Im technically within walking distance (provided it isnt 115' lol!). I am at Princess/Scottsdale. My favorites (so far) if I had to rate would be Sapporos, North and Zinc (both at Kierland).

Old 04-12-2008, 10:46 AM

Canal (at the Canal development behind Fashion Square/Nordstroms): Went for a business lunch here yesterday. Very cool decor. We ate outside on the patio. A few notes for outside dining in Arizona: pay attention to the orientation of the building and where the sun is. When we started lunch we were in complete shade. By the time we finished our meal, even tho we had the waiter move our table back twice, we ended up in full sun. Would not be pretty when it is really really hot out.

The food was good! The Parmesan garlic fries with garlic aioli were yummy! I had a chicken sandwich-very good. Interesting twist: grapes and yellow tomatoes in the sandwich. One of the other guests in my party had the grilled cheese. OMG was that good! It was 3 cheeses on a cheese ciabatta I believe.

Pricing was reasonable. The sandwiches were like around $10. Tho they did have a $30 lobster sandwich on the menu. We also had iced tea. Instead of serving the typical "stuff in packets" for sweetener, they serve a simple syrup that is lightly flavored. That was really good!

Recommend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area