Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 03:22 PM

7 posts, read 5,835 times

Advertisements

i am relocating to phoenix, AZ on a job purpose with my husband and 2 1/2 year old boy. we heard about chandler area which is a developing city in phoenix. so we are trying to find an apartment in chandler.but there are like number of apartments that we are getting confused.so we are preferring for a good preschool near by.i heard lot about scorpions there so i just want a very safe community in which i can live. so please can anyone help me finding a good and safe neighborhood. we are trying to find apartment by ratings and reviews but getting very confused ...so please anyone help me find a good and safe apartments in chandler area plz...i am searching for single family homes as well but not understanding single family home vs apartment which works well for us with scorpions and all.... all the suggestions are appreciated....thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 03:31 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoft.2008 View Post
i am relocating to phoenix, AZ on a job purpose with my husband and 2 1/2 year old boy. we heard about chandler area which is a developing city in phoenix. so we are trying to find an apartment in chandler.but there are like number of apartments that we are getting confused.so we are preferring for a good preschool near by.i heard lot about scorpions there so i just want a very safe community in which i can live. so please can anyone help me finding a good and safe neighborhood. we are trying to find apartment by ratings and reviews but getting very confused ...so please anyone help me find a good and safe apartments in chandler area plz...i am searching for single family homes as well but not understanding single family home vs apartment which works well for us with scorpions and all.... all the suggestions are appreciated....thank you in advance

Chandler is a suburb of Phoenix, and a quite nice one. You don't say anything about your budget,or if Chandler is convenient to where your husband and/or you will be working. Knowing a bit about that will help. If within your budget, the Mark Taylor managed properties are a good place to start, but there are others. There are lots of preschools in the area.

In a well maintained and managed complex, scorpions are unlikely to be an issue. Same with most single family homes in well developed areas. Scorpions are not everywhere in Chandler or any other city in the area, including Phoenix itself.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:36 PM

72 posts, read 133,273 times
I live in Chandler and have only heard of people seeing scorpions in some of the ranch/farming areas of Chandler, few of which exist anymore. You are much more likely to see scorpions if you live somewhere near South Mountain or the San Tan mountains. I wouldn't worry too much about them in your decision.

Chandler only has a couple of areas with relatively high crime, though most is safe, walkable, and has many top-rated schools. It would come down to how much you can or are willing to spend, what sort of amenities you expect, and how far you are willing to drive.

One more thing, you might be surprised at how little of a difference is between renting a house and apartment.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:11 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,042,490 times
I agree. Mark Taylor is best around here. Lived in 2 different places and never saw more than a cricket. If you can swing the rent, go for San Palacios. There is a Kindercare on Queen Creek and Dobson about 3 blocks away

Old 08-20-2014, 07:23 PM

529 posts, read 1,203,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrah View Post
Lived in 2 different places and never saw more than a cricket.
I wonder what ate all the crickets.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:40 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,042,490 times
Never saw one though!

Old 09-01-2014, 11:00 PM

3,271 posts, read 3,932,639 times
What is it with people moving to Phx, and their irrational fear of scorpions?

Old 09-02-2014, 12:31 AM

397 posts, read 659,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Uh, because it hurts alot when they sting you

Old 09-02-2014, 12:36 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,725,641 times
Chandler, for the most part, is a nice city. However, I also would suggest living closer to wherever your job will be. The greater Phoenix area has lots of nice neighborhoods with decent schools so you should be able to find something to suit your needs.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:23 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Chandler, for the most part, is a nice city. However, I also would suggest living closer to wherever your job will be. The greater Phoenix area has lots of nice neighborhoods with decent schools so you should be able to find something to suit your needs.
^^^ That.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
^^^And that. I've lived in Arizona for nine years in an area more rural than Chandler and I have yet to know anyone personally who's been bitten by a scorpion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area