Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 03:44 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,972,468 times

Advertisements

Yes! Been waiting for a grocery store up here and it really couldn't have been better!

Opening next year on the NW corner of Happy Valley Rd & Lake Pleasant Pkwy, less than a mile from my house!

Sprouts to open new store in north Peoria - Phoenix Business Journal

Last edited by HX_Guy; 08-06-2014 at 04:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 05:07 PM

397 posts, read 662,303 times
Is there a vacancy there or are they building something new over by Home Depot? It looked like they had a Best Buy behind the mall at one point, wish that were still there.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:15 PM

44,689 posts, read 61,837,844 times
I believe it's going into the old Best Buy store that is now defunct. That would be a Sprouts size area for one of it's stores.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:07 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,199,319 times
Default You will enjoy a Sprout's

Glad to hear you are getting a new Sprout's in your neighborhood! It is a double win - a big retail "pad" being occupied again and a very useful store.
We have a Sprout's in our neighborhood and it is nice to shop in because it is not too big, and yet has everything a shopper needs. Great produce prices! Face it, there are times when the ordinary shopper is hot and tired and doesn't want to enter a stadium-sized store. The meals-to-go at the front of the store are great if you are really short on time.
Fresh & Easy had a location near us too, and I was disappointed when they closed that location. It also was a smaller-sized store and had a good food selection. I think they started out here at a bad time [a recession] and it was too tough to break into an already-packed grocery store market. But the marketing principle was on target and the smaller size seems to be working for Sprout's.
So, congratulations on the soon to-be-Sprout's!

Old 08-06-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I believe it's going into the old Best Buy store that is now defunct. That would be a Sprouts size area for one of it's stores.
I think the Best Buy spot is too big, I'm thinking they will probably go where the Party City was.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:56 PM

44,689 posts, read 61,837,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
I think the Best Buy spot is too big, I'm thinking they will probably go where the Party City was.
Well that's a possibility but;
Sprouts average store size is 26,000 sq ft.
Best Buy average store size is 28,000 sq ft.
The Party Stores average sq feet is 10-12,000 sq ft.
Stats from google.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Well that's a possibility but;
Sprouts average store size is 26,000 sq ft.
Best Buy average store size is 28,000 sq ft.
The Party Stores average sq feet is 10-12,000 sq ft.
Stats from google.
Where was Party City, in the front mall? I don't remember any vacancies except where Spirits is setting up shop. The back mall is a crappy location and I think its mostly doctor offices and office buildings.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:47 AM

I don't think there are any offices there, are there? It's all retail if I remember right.

On the Best Buy spot would be great, right next to the street. I heard an Orange Theory was supposed to go there, or maybe they are sitting the space.

BTW tye newer average Best Buy stores are 36k sq ft but that's a recent change, up until a fee years ago the average was 45k sq ft.

The party store was between Ross and Kohls I think so it would still be a good location I think.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:04 AM

Did a bit more digging and the old Best Buy spot is confirmed! Yes! I love it...we live behind there on the same NWC so that will be super easy to get in and out of, it's perfect.

http://www.phoenixcommercialadvisors...l/lakehapp.pdf

Found an old PDF of the shopping center too and looks like a Danny's car wash and a Village Inn were supposed to go in but never happened.

http://www.vestar.com/new/Assets/Pro...kehappfull.pdf

Old 08-07-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Did a bit more digging and the old Best Buy spot is confirmed! Yes! I love it...we live behind there on the same NWC so that will be super easy to get in and out of, it's perfect.

http://www.phoenixcommercialadvisors...l/lakehapp.pdf

Found an old PDF of the shopping center too and looks like a Danny's car wash and a Village Inn were supposed to go in but never happened.

http://www.vestar.com/new/Assets/Pro...kehappfull.pdf
OK makes sense, for some reason I was thinking that the Best Buy was behind the mall. I must of thought that because when you drive on Happy Valley the price tag logo signs for Best Buy that are blacked out are all on the back of the building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area