Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 08:07 AM

2 posts, read 2,733 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Arizona in the next couple of months and I will be working in Phoenix near the Sky Harbor International Airport. Can you tell me what the commute is like now that the I17 has been expanded? Also are there any other suggestions for areas that are safe. I will be renting but I do not want a rental area. I would rather have established homeowners around me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 08:24 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,669,627 times
I think it would be helpful if you provide some insight as to why you are intentionally looking at an area so far from your job. Is there a reason? I would guess at least 45 minutes each way if there are no accidents. Not sure why you'd want to do that when there are plenty of nice areas much closer.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:34 AM

3,825 posts, read 9,493,851 times
Commute in good traffic will be 45-60 minutes. Used to live near Metrocenter and had friends that lived in Anthem. Driving in the HOV lane with a fairly heavy foot took me 25 minutes usually. Going the other direction to the airport, again driving in the HOV lane and speeding took me 20 minutes. Though if you are familiar with the I-17, traffic is a little bit better than it was a decade ago, the extra lanes and the Loop 101 seemed to take some of the pressure off of it.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:20 AM

2 posts, read 2,733 times
Thank you both for the information. I'm looking for an area that is not so conjested. That is the reason for going so far out. I'm not at all familiar with other areas that might be an easier commute. If you could shed some light, I really would appreciate it.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:36 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,483,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamhomesbylynne View Post
Thank you both for the information. I'm looking for an area that is not so conjested. That is the reason for going so far out. I'm not at all familiar with other areas that might be an easier commute. If you could shed some light, I really would appreciate it.
There are some nice master planned communities that are isolated a bit. Estrella Mountain Ranch in Goodyear, Vistancia in Peoria, and Veraddo in Buckeye. You can map them out to see how long your commute would be to your work to see if that's something you'd be willing to tolerate. They are all very nice communities though I'm partial to Estrella.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:20 AM

159 posts, read 397,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
There are some nice master planned communities that are isolated a bit. Estrella Mountain Ranch in Goodyear, Vistancia in Peoria, and Veraddo in Buckeye. You can map them out to see how long your commute would be to your work to see if that's something you'd be willing to tolerate. They are all very nice communities though I'm partial to Estrella.
Favoring the south end, Estrella and Ahwatukee Foothills are nice areas, a bit removed from the city and not a bad commute. Anything far north is going to be quite the drive.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:04 PM

2,155 posts, read 5,185,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamhomesbylynne View Post
Tell us a little bit more about your needs. We know you will be working at Sky Harbor, but what else?

Budget, house size, schools, other interests, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area