Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 06:47 PM

14 posts, read 68,814 times

Advertisements

You seem to be looking at new build subdivisions. It's hard to say what kind of neighborhoods those are will be determined when you and all your new neighbors are in and settled and how well the HOA is setup.
Surprise is a town that has a lot of nice qualities. Close to Arrowhead shopping, the new Cardinals Stadium, it has baseball spring training and the 303's access to the I-10.
I think if you have to commute, no matter where you live it's the nature of the beast.

Are you used to suburbia? Tract homes and such?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2007, 07:04 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,450,420 times
I live in Surprise and have family living in that development who built homes with Centex. The nice thing about that area is the price of the homes. It's funny, when you're searching for homes and they're that low, it's either that part of Surprise or a short sale/foreclosure home. If you're concerned about commuting from Surprise, you're adding a good 20 minutes to your commute each way. If you're concerned most about price, that's the place to go. There is nothing out there, and you certainly can't just "run to the store" or anything; however, there is an outdoor mall and a Fry's shopping center going up (construction already starting). Personally, I wouldn't send my kids to regular public school anywhere in the valley. There are some good charter options in Surprise, including Carden Traditional, PEC, and Rosefield. It's about fifteen to twenty minutes in little traffic to get to these schools from that community. It's worth the drive to me, though!

If you want to reduce your commute, try to find a home between Litchfield Rd. and Reems, south of Bell and North of Olive. There are few new homes going up, but right now you can find some really great deals on resale homes. I know in my neighborhood there are some steals!

Old 12-25-2007, 07:28 PM

34 posts, read 128,884 times
Hey neighbor!! I live in cortessa and my daughters go to Rosefield.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:53 PM

3 posts, read 11,557 times
Thumbs up Marley Park

Check out Marley Park. It is closer to the 101 and is in a better location in Surprise than Desert Oasis and has beautiful homes that you won't find anywhere else in Surprise. They have a wide range of prices and home sizes, plus several amenities.

Untitled Document

Old 01-03-2008, 07:00 PM
jco

The prices in Marley Park are about 75k more for the same square footage from what I've heard. Veramonte, Rancho Gabriella, Sierra Verde, and Royal Ranch are all in the same area as Marley Park, but much less expensive. I won't argue that Marley Park isn't the best community in Surprise, because it is! If the gap in prices wasn't so much, I'd say it was worth it.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:40 PM

682 posts, read 2,566,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
The prices in Marley Park are about 75k more for the same square footage from what I've heard. Veramonte, Rancho Gabriella, Sierra Verde, and Royal Ranch are all in the same area as Marley Park, but much less expensive. I won't argue that Marley Park isn't the best community in Surprise, because it is! If the gap in prices wasn't so much, I'd say it was worth it.
Who are some of the builders in these areas?

altus2006

Old 01-04-2008, 12:02 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,218,212 times
Thanks for all the information so far...we are leaning more towards Goodyear for the ease of commute to downtown if I get transfered down there. Brookhaven Oasis at Canyon Trails is at the top of the list at the moment.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:24 AM

3 posts, read 11,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altus2006 View Post

altus2006
The prices are actually average, compared to other locations like Vistancia, Surprise Farms, and Desert Oasis, but you get so much more in the community and the style of houses! Rancho Gabriela has very few ammenties, and the houses all look the same. Just MHO. Marley Park has such a nice feeling with all the different elevation styles. It doesn't feel like you are in the middle of the desert. Additionally, there is a community pool opening soon, a community club, many many parks (and they are nice parks!), and a very active community. We have a wine tasting club, book club, poker club, etc. And we have several community events throughout the year. It's really a great community! I love it here!

The builders here are Ashton Woods, Element, Engle, and Scott Communities. There will be more I'm sure in the future since they are so early in the development.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:38 AM
jco

Quote:
Originally Posted by altus2006 View Post

altus2006
I suspect that "mpsurprise" is selling houses in Marley Park (mp). The community really is great, but it really is a lot more. We take my son to the parks there all the time, and we don't live in the community.

I think the best way to go is to look up the builder website and then search for what communities they are building in. They usually offer a map, and you can see where it's located. The key is staying between Litchfield and Reems, south of Bell and north of Olive. This is the good area for commuting to Phoenix (taking Olive, not Bell) and most of the neighborhoods are more established, so you know what you're getting before you sign. I know that Fulton Homes is building in Royal Ranch and American Richmond in Veramonte. Sierra Verde is sold out, so you'll want to look for resale. In fact, don't rule out resale in Surprise. I can't believe what people are selling for right now. Some of the builders you can look up are Pulte, Standard Pacific, Trend Homes, Richmond American, Lennar, Centex, Meritage, Fulton Homes, Engle Homes just to name a few!

Old 01-15-2008, 10:23 AM

7 posts, read 24,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Hello,

Harmony at Desert Oasis, Surprise AZ

Does anyone know anything about this development/community? I can't find anything online. We are looking at having a home built by Centex Homes in this development but would like to know something about the location, schools, traffic, neighborhood, etc.

If you know anything about this area I would appreciate your input. We are relocating from out of state (Oregon) so a lot of this research has to be done over the internet.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

go to Centex Homes

in that development is Seranade at desert oasis and Harmony @ desert Oasis. we were going to build there but decided it was just a little bit out of the way...Try Surprise farms area....Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by sablebaby; 01-15-2008 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: advertising not allowed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area