Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2007, 02:31 PM

24 posts, read 68,767 times

Advertisements

I am 30 years old and looking to buy a condo/townhouse with my father (55). This forum has given me excellent insight into the Phoenix area. This would not be our primary residence as we are from Edmonton, AB, Canada. I have a real estate agent sending me listings but it is hard to know which areas suit our needs and are 'safe' neighbourhoods. We are looking to spend $150,000-200,000 and our checklist would include being close to golf, shopping, gated community (if possible). I am a huge hockey and NFL fan so easy access to these events would be nice as well. Based on what I'm reading S.Scottsdale or N.Glendale seem to fit. Any specific zip codes would be a great help. Also, is it possible to rent out condos for part of the year? Trent.

Last edited by kuzer; 12-30-2007 at 03:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 03:51 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,778,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzer View Post
I am 30 years old and looking to buy a condo/townhouse with my father (55). This forum has given me excellent insight into the Phoenix area. This would not be our primary residence as we are from Edmonton, AB, Canada. I have a real estate agent sending me listings but it is hard to know which areas suit our needs and are 'safe' neighbourhoods. We are looking to spend $150,000-200,000 and our checklist would include being close to golf, shopping, gated community (if possible). I am a huge hockey and NFL fan so easy access to these events would be nice as well. Based on what I'm reading S.Scottsdale or N.Glendale seem to fit. Any specific zip codes would be a great help. Also, is it possible to rent out condos for part of the year? Trent.
Renting out condo's and single family homes is possible during the snowbird season. Chances of renting out for the off season is next to nil.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:25 PM

24 posts, read 68,767 times
What timeframe would you put on snowbird season...Nov to April?

Old 12-30-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
What timeframe would you put on snowbird season...Nov to April?
That's about it. Some will come down in October, and I believe the heaviest is Jan - March.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
There's a nice gated condo area in Chandler, and for the moment I can't think of the name of it. I was in the community looking at single family homes recently. Ask your realtor to check in Chandler for gated condo communities and he or she will find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area