Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2008, 01:42 PM

353 posts, read 1,261,465 times

Advertisements

I realize that it won't be the magnitude of NYC or LA, but I was interested to know if there's a concentration of acting and writing jobs in Phoenix. DC may not be the acting/writing hub either, but I've found a few things going on (theater troupes, a talent agency, etc.) while here.

Once again, I don't need NYC/LA standard stuff, but I just wanted to know if things in those fields were going on in Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 03:51 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
I am wondering the same thing. Also is it possible to write for the LA scene while living in Phoenix? Does a writer need to be located where the action is?

Old 01-09-2008, 09:05 AM

34 posts, read 128,876 times
Depending on what you write; or what you do in the entertainment industry, in some cases it doesn't matter where you live. i commute back to LA every so often to work and I freelance here in Phoenix as a producer/videographer/editor (basically covers everything inbetween)

If you're writing to be discovered you need an agent.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:58 AM

2 posts, read 8,562 times
Very old thread but i'm an actor from Madrid, Spain, moving to Phoenix about october. i know LA is the place to be, but, anybody knows how is the entertainment/acting industry in Phoenix? Very local? Well connected with LA?
Thanks.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:55 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltuli View Post
Very old thread but i'm an actor from Madrid, Spain, moving to Phoenix about october. i know LA is the place to be, but, anybody knows how is the entertainment/acting industry in Phoenix? Very local? Well connected with LA?
Thanks.
There are a couple of theater companies here in Phoenix that attract actors from out of state for their seasons. Some other more local theater companies. There are a fair number of movies that shoot in the area, but it is not as if it is happening all the time.

I'm curious-- why did you choose Phoenix?

Old 05-10-2009, 09:10 AM

2 posts, read 8,562 times
Hi "Observer53",
I might ended finally in LA but i wanted to check a bit about Phoenix. My younger sister works and lives in Phoenix, and every time i went there on a visit, i liked it very much. All Arizona i think is incredible.
Thanks for your help amigo.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:13 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
You are welcome.

The nice thing is, there are dozens of flights a day between the two, (and it's not that long a drive) so you can be either place whenever you want or need to be.

Keep us posted on your move, and buena suerte!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area