Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 03:38 PM

2,154 posts, read 5,184,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by escoguy66 View Post
Thanks for the comment. But can you tell me specifically your hesitations? I'm coming from a neighborhood in the San Diego area with knifings, shootings and robberies nearby, and had my car broken into once, and stolen once. So I'm used to neighborhoods rough around the edges.
So you are going to take this opportunity to move from one bad neighborhood to another? Why not look to move up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 03:40 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,462,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJoeD View Post
So you are going to take this opportunity to move from one bad neighborhood to another? Why not look to move up?
Escoguy started this thread in January of 2008. I suspect he's moved a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I just found this place online. There's always a catch when the rent sounds too good to be true.
Remember, this thread was started going on three years ago, and the last post before yours was more than a year ago. So, this thread isn't current information.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:46 PM

6,407 posts, read 9,002,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Escoguy started this thread in January of 2008. I suspect he's moved a long time ago.

Remember, this thread was started going on three years ago, and the last post before yours was more than a year ago. So, this thread isn't current information.
True. The Light Rail could be working wonders for the area. I'll check it out. Why not? It's worth my time. But it's still cheap. Less than $600 per month for a 1 bedroom. That's not too common from what I can tell thus far in my online searches.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:32 AM

47 posts, read 107,700 times
Bump

I just wanted to find out if the area and the Villager apartments have continued to improve. What is everyone's perceptions of this area as of late? Has the light rail continued to provide a positive effect?

Old 11-15-2010, 12:43 AM

2,879 posts, read 7,786,533 times
Might be some nice looking Vietnamese girls around there. Phoenix Spectrum Mall is OK--Super Wal, Target, and Costco...........I think my TH at 19th and Northern is in a better neighborhood, but no Light Rail, yet, and maybe not for a long time. I will be renting it out for 600 per month, 2 level, 703 SF. Washer, includes water/sewer/trash, one covered space. Have Free Credit Score & Credit Report Card. No Credit Card Needed report ready, if interested.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:25 AM

7,195 posts, read 9,263,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delaa View Post
Bump

I just wanted to find out if the area and the Villager apartments have continued to improve. What is everyone's perceptions of this area as of late? Has the light rail continued to provide a positive effect?
I've lived in the neighborhood since 94. As far as I'm concerned, there has been no improvement, nor is the neighborhood worse either.

The effects of the light rail? Messed up traffic along Camelback. Other than that nada as far as I can tell.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:58 AM

2,879 posts, read 7,786,533 times
It would have to be a good way to get out of the heat, if you were homeless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area