Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2015, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,022 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what traffic is like driving to Tempe early in the morning, Monday thru Friday say 7am and then the return from Tempe to Phoenix around 530 pm? I start a new Job on Monday and anyone have to commute to Tempe from phoenix (Thomas and 16th street to Saint Lukes Hospital) and would like to know how much time it would take if I need to be there by 8.15. About what time should I leave to go to work?

Last edited by Eaglejames; 02-13-2015 at 01:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 01:01 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,462,871 times
Well, it's at least partly a reverse commute, which is good. Where in Phoenix are you coming FROM? If you are in or east of downtown PHX, that's the best scenario. That makes a bit of difference. Depending on the answer to that, you may be in traffic for part of the trip both ways, but it depends a lot on your starting point.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:04 PM

241 posts, read 387,122 times
WHY CAN PEOPLE NOT USE GOOGLE MAPS????????? I feel like I am taking crazy pills. Answers right in front of them....

Old 02-13-2015, 01:21 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,289,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassfeeder View Post
WHY CAN PEOPLE NOT USE GOOGLE MAPS????????? I feel like I am taking crazy pills. Answers right in front of them....
Jeez relax, it's just the internet. It's not a bad drive at all, there is a lot of traffic around Broadway Rd in the morning but most of the drive should not be bad unless there's an accident.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:

Relax. People are allowed to ask this sort of question here. Sometimes they want info from real people's daily experience as opposed to website data. The times on such sites are not always accurate, and there's nothing wrong with getting some extra info.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:02 PM

241 posts, read 387,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Relax. People are allowed to ask this sort of question here. Sometimes they want info from real people's daily experience as opposed to website data. The times on such sites are not always accurate, and there's nothing wrong with getting some extra info.
that's actually incorrect. you can pull up google maps and get REAL TIME data at any given moment. If you want accurate info on things like this, at the time of your commute, map out the travel times for a week or two and put together some actual drive time data. It's not hard.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
that's actually incorrect. you can pull up google maps and get REAL TIME data at any given moment. If you want accurate info on things like this, at the time of your commute, map out the travel times for a week or two and put together some actual drive time data. It's not hard.

Accepting what you say as true, that's still no reason for jumping on someone for asking the question here. If you want to suggest that to them as an option, that's OK, but no need to be rude about it with the capital letter rant.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:45 PM

480 posts, read 846,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglejames View Post
Does anyone know what traffic is like driving to Tempe early in the morning, Monday thru Friday say 7am and then the return from Tempe to Phoenix around 530 pm? I start a new Job on Monday and anyone have to commute to Tempe from phoenix (Thomas and 16th street to Saint Lukes Hospital) and would like to know how much time it would take if I need to be there by 8.15. About what time should I leave to go to work?
I'd encourage you to take a look at sigalert.com before you travel. Sig-Alert offers real-time traffic, and it's wonderfully detailed. Here's the Sigalert page for Phoenix: Sigalert.com Phoenix Traffic Map

You could bring it up on your phone...

...looking around at the number of people angrily reaching for their mice...

...but only after you put your hands on the wheel at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions, pull your car over to a curb after checking your mirrors, and watching for vehicular, motorcycle, and bicycle traffic, and ensure that you're safely parked.

Whew. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area