Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2015, 03:59 AM

2 posts, read 10,932 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm looking to find a nice safe rental near a good nightlife in Northeast Phoenix/Southwest Scottsdale area without breed restrictions, or a place that may work with my dog on a case by case basis. He is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier which looks like a small Pit Bull, but he isn't actually a Pit Bull. He only weights 45 lbs and is full grown and is only about 16 inches tall. I'm looking for a one or two bedroom apartment and am looking to stay below $900 with most, if not all utilities included. I'm going to be moving from Michigan in the middle of April and am not very familiar with the area, but I have a friend that lives in the general area that I am looking to be in. I'm 28 yrs old and graduated with a BBA degree majoring in marketing. I don't have a job lined up, but have saved up to get myself by for a bit while looking for a job. I would love to work in golf in some form or another, and would like to find a place that is a reasonable commute to work near my desired location. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 04:42 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,807,522 times
Here is one list of breed friendly housing.
Arizona - MyPitBullisFamily.com

You may also just want to check Craigslist for a private renters. They may be willing to work with you more than a corporate owned apartment complex.

We have a pit bull, so I definitely understand the difficulties of trying to find a place to live with your best friend .

Old 03-07-2015, 09:13 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,945,139 times
In Arizona we have apartment locators that are paid by the apartment complexes to match up tenants with available apartments and all fees are paid by the apartment management companies, They have lists of all the credit scores, pet requirements that apartments will accept and can save you a bundle in application fees.
I used to work as an apartment locator, it is a legit business that requires a realtor license.

https://www.google.com/#q=apartment+locators+phoenix+az

If you want a private condo use Craigslist and if you get lucky be prepared to jump on anything that is good because it will not last.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:06 AM

2 posts, read 10,932 times
I have looked at the my pit bull family website before, but many of the complexes on the website receive bad reviews from current/past residents. I also check craigslist daily but rarely see private renters in my price range but I will continue to look. He's definitely making things difficult but he's the best dog I could ever ask for so it's worth it.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:58 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codetroit View Post
I have looked at the my pit bull family website before, but many of the complexes on the website receive bad reviews from current/past residents. I also check craigslist daily but rarely see private renters in my price range but I will continue to look. He's definitely making things difficult but he's the best dog I could ever ask for so it's worth it.
The bad reviews may be the reason they are accepting these breeds. The 'nicer' places can rent without the risk. Sorry, I know it's not fair, but it is what it is.

HOWEVER, (I can't believe somebody hasn't already brought this up) renting someplace BEFORE you find a job is foolish. The Valley is huge and widely spread out. You could be looking at a commute that is intolerable if you rent before you find a job - and then, who is going to walk that dog? Recipe for disaster.

Find a job first, then a place for you and doggy to live.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 5,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
The bad reviews may be the reason they are accepting these breeds. The 'nicer' places can rent without the risk. Sorry, I know it's not fair, but it is what it is.

HOWEVER, (I can't believe somebody hasn't already brought this up) renting someplace BEFORE you find a job is foolish. The Valley is huge and widely spread out. You could be looking at a commute that is intolerable if you rent before you find a job - and then, who is going to walk that dog? Recipe for disaster.

Find a job first, then a place for you and doggy to live.

This is BS, person doesn't know what they are talking about.

Look at the Venu/Edge in N. Scottsdale. I would consider these as 'nicer' places, considering they are located in Grayhawk (very nice area in Scottsdale).

Oh, if you want to know a little secret, there is no true training or testing needed for a pet to be a "service dog". For $50 you can get a vest/patch/license online.

Granted, the true legal sense would be a person who has a prescription for such an animal from a doctor. Yet due to the rights/protection of those with disabilities (Americans with disabilities act ADA), you can't go around asking someone to prove they are disabled.

So, get a rental, and don't mention it. If you are questioned about ur dog, act upset, flash the 'vest/tag' and tell the person you feel like your being treated unfairly. Promise you they will shut up immediately... strict laws regarding disability and housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: