Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 08:55 AM

888 posts, read 892,722 times

Advertisements

California man here who, like many I've met in Phoenix relocated there to be near grandchildren, is eventually Phoenix-bound. My wife and I are first-time grandparents and seem to be on a course to visit Phoenix once a month for 4-5 days at a shot.

Wife wants out of California so have spent time here reading great posts filled with great advice. The reality, as a business owner, Phoenix will be more like a second home rather than primary for the next couple years.

Many in our demographics, go out to one of those golf course-laden senior communities. I don't play golf and don't want to join that lifestyle club. I know you can buy far more home on the outskirts but we're not in a point of our lives where more home is anything we want; been there and done it.

So I personally think Central Phoenix is where I want to be. A smaller home in a nicer neighborhood. For starters, let's say $350,000 purchase budget and something as small as 1,000 square feet. And let's exclude condos for the time being. Wife doesn't like how harder it is to deal with smokers.

I'm aware of Encanto, Coranado and Roosevelt areas and have done a little searching there via internet but would really appreciate some solid suggestions. We'll be back in Phoenix on May 24th and may do some more drive-by's; tough to do when you want to maximize time with a grandson.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 10:00 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,766,527 times
You're on the right track with the neighborhoods that you mentioned. There are several more nearby. We are retired and live in Willo, which is another such neighborhood. FQ Story is another one worth looking at. Here is a complete list of the historic neighborhoods. Most have smaller homes and many are close to the light rail line.

https://www.phoenix.gov/pdd/historic...tial-districts

Old 05-06-2015, 08:36 AM

888 posts, read 892,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
You're on the right track with the neighborhoods that you mentioned. There are several more nearby. We are retired and live in Willo, which is another such neighborhood. FQ Story is another one worth looking at. Here is a complete list of the historic neighborhoods. Most have smaller homes and many are close to the light rail line.

https://www.phoenix.gov/pdd/historic...tial-districts
Thank you for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: