Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 01:29 AM

6,407 posts, read 9,002,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
A cop in a big city is certainly a dangerous job, and stressful one at that. Most people try to avoid confrontations, but confronting people is primarily what a cop does. People carrying guns in their cars, having to put some 250 pound black guy in handcuffs. Not a job for the average person. And seeing how these big pickup trucks drive here, I'm happy to see police on the roads.

As for shooting dogs, if a dog comes rushing up on me, I don't know if he's smiling or pi**ed. I don't know if his wagging tail means he's happy or mad. But I'm sure not going to get bitten to find out!
Police carry guns as well so citizens having carrying guns is a wash. Arresting a 250 lb man of any race is likely a handful.

Police are getting a bit overzealous about shooting dogs. Animal control wrangles all sorts of animals without shooting them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 09:06 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,144,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Police are getting a bit overzealous about shooting dogs.
I doubt this behavior has increased. We are now just more aware of when it's happening due to social media and such.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:33 AM

837 posts, read 2,337,176 times
So let me get this straight . . . .encountering a large black man makes an officer's job that much more dangerous?

Jeezus, I knew this was Arizona, but damn.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:37 AM

30,512 posts, read 19,271,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Muslim Terrorist are right wing conservatives, there is nothing "liberal" about their views. Now I agree with the good riddance.
If you're a liberal and don't support Muslim Terrorists, I think you might be the first one I've encountered...it's like all liberals got there marching orders to criticize the cartoonists...where were you when the memo went out?

Old 05-08-2015, 10:34 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,751,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
If you're a liberal and don't support Muslim Terrorists, I think you might be the first one I've encountered...it's like all liberals got there marching orders to criticize the cartoonists...where were you when the memo went out?
I think you might actually believe that. Apparently you don't get out much.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:40 AM

30,512 posts, read 19,271,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
I think you might actually believe that. Apparently you don't get out much.
I've talked to about 100 liberals since the shooting and they were all pissed at the cartoonists. The Terrorists, not so much. Are you saying that you are a liberal, support the cartoonists 1st amendment right(even if you don't agree or approve of what they did), and don't support what the Muslim Terrorists attempted to do?

Old 05-08-2015, 12:08 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,621,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg View Post
So let me get this straight . . . .encountering a large black man makes an officer's job that much more dangerous?

Jeezus, I knew this was Arizona, but damn.
Seems to me that was the poster speaking, not Arizona.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:34 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,481,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Seems to me that was the poster speaking, not Arizona.
I was beginning to think the poster was referring to someone with the first or last name of Arizona.

Last edited by stevek64; 05-08-2015 at 12:51 PM..

Old 05-08-2015, 12:52 PM

17,403 posts, read 11,998,617 times
Quote:
I do not disagree with anything you said. I am a staunch proponent of free speech. However, given the fact it was a known hate group that put on the event, their motives (for whatever reason) ultimately put other peoples lives in jeopardy which would certainly warrant questions.
Speech likely to incite violence has not ever been a form of protected speech.
They are not a hate group.

And yes, even speech that might incite violence is protected.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:56 PM

17,403 posts, read 11,998,617 times
Quote:
I find the whole thing suspect. It's like the legitimately classified "hate group" that sponsored the event wanted there to be conflict, and low and behold they got it. These people (yea these people) are itching for some sort of conflict to justify the insane amount of time they spend investing in paranoia theories and "hardware" that would otherwise be useless. Everybody and their mama's kin-folk seem to have AR's, yet these two clowns were took down with a revolver? Ironic
Who exactly classified them as a hate group?

I also have failed to find the instances where you have taken to task the many art exhibits that are meant to inflame Christians. I also can't find any instances where those Christians have shown up with weaponry meant to kill innocent lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area