Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 08:46 PM

498 posts, read 544,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Don't worry, Wally, er Kevin, paid $220k for it over 12 years ago. He would have made more in a CD.
You still trollin this thread troll boy? As Vince3vince would say/brag..."I'm up 150% on my Phoenix property"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 08:59 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,480,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
What I see is a project with the lowest builder grade 1990 items in a 2003 built home.
Do you ever get the funny feeling there's a warehouse somewhere the size of a small town that has the same 3 light fixtures and 2 cabinet colors/styles that 99.9% of the builders use? I'm thinking they have a 103 year supply too. Just sayin.....

Old 05-11-2015, 09:03 PM

113 posts, read 160,260 times
There is a special corner of that warehouse for bad tile that went out of style ten years ago.

Old 05-12-2015, 04:01 AM

9,805 posts, read 11,196,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Do you ever get the funny feeling there's a warehouse somewhere the size of a small town that has the same 3 light fixtures and 2 cabinet colors/styles that 99.9% of the builders use? I'm thinking they have a 103 year supply too. Just sayin.....
I know you are joking but you got me thinking. Why wouldn't a starter home builder buy all kinds overstock that has been sitting in the back room? In 2003 when Wally's home that he has for sale was built, brass was clearly out of style. Yet they used that builder grade 1991 light that would not command $5 at a garage sale. I would expect something as basic as this Golden Lighting 8606-GM4 RBZ 4 Light Homestead Mini Chandelier | ATG Stores in a 2000 era builder grade home.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:39 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,706,603 times
Was listening to the radio today & they had someone from W.P. Carey on - one thing I found interesting was that she said 77% of the sales in the Phoenix metro were in the sub $300k market, which is on fire - especially the sub $150k market). Over $300k, the market was described as "balanced".

I think many posters here are looking at a different "average" market.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:18 AM

2,806 posts, read 3,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
Was listening to the radio today & they had someone from W.P. Carey on - one thing I found interesting was that she said 77% of the sales in the Phoenix metro were in the sub $300k market, which is on fire - especially the sub $150k market). Over $300k, the market was described as "balanced".

I think many posters here are looking at a different "average" market.
Yes and this is hopefully a sign that the first-time home buyers are finally coming out of the woodwork. You know we have this "shadow inventory" of first-time home buyers who have been held back by the Great Recession and who are extremely gun-shy after seeing what happened to their parents. They frequently still live with them anyways. Once they start coming out and buy we could see real fireworks. It is a big generation after all. As usual they tend to start buyung all at the same time and we could see a real inventory crisis of the opposite kind.
I also heard from a realtor that the move-up market (mid-market) is pretty hot right now too. Not sure if that's true or not.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:40 PM

82 posts, read 173,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPam View Post
I can tell you from personal, every day experience that it still depends on price range and area. Anything from $175,000 to $225,000 or so in the east valley that is in decent shape and decent area will be sold with multiple offers in a matter of days. Get over $250,000 and it starts to slow down a bit, but not a lot. Seems more like the $400,000 and up range is still taking awhile, maybe 30 days, if it's in good condition. What is sitting on the market are the homes that are just simply over priced.

Keep in mind, I am talking east valley only.
I've now put offers in on two homes in Cave Creek in the last two weeks and the sellers (300-325k) are not willing to budge more than 5-10k...Although inventory is very low in CC for 4bd w/pool in that range, the few that do exist need work or just aren't my style...One house we're 5k apart and I just won't come up any more... Many of these houses have been on the market for 100+ days and the sellers seem to be waiting for this surge in values in that price range but i'm not seeing it...Now in N.Peoria, the 4bd 2.5+ ba w/pool are getting snatched up crazy fast in the 260-280 range...I just don't want to give up the CC uniqueness for the Peoria suburbia/sameness...

Old 05-17-2015, 03:37 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,706,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijamez View Post
I've now put offers in on two homes in Cave Creek in the last two weeks and the sellers (300-325k) are not willing to budge more than 5-10k...Although inventory is very low in CC for 4bd w/pool in that range, the few that do exist need work or just aren't my style...One house we're 5k apart and I just won't come up any more... Many of these houses have been on the market for 100+ days and the sellers seem to be waiting for this surge in values in that price range but i'm not seeing it...Now in N.Peoria, the 4bd 2.5+ ba w/pool are getting snatched up crazy fast in the 260-280 range...I just don't want to give up the CC uniqueness for the Peoria suburbia/sameness...
Why would you expect more than a token price reduction in a "balanced" market during peak selling season?

Old 05-17-2015, 03:45 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,927,532 times
Quote:
Why would you expect more than a token price reduction in a "balanced" market during peak selling season?
good point..

what actually is "peak" selling season in Arizona? Is it the same as in Illinois, between April, and August? when do things start to slow down in AZ?
We want to move here sooner than later, but if we can save some $$ by waiting until September, I am ok with that too..

Old 05-17-2015, 04:04 PM

82 posts, read 173,745 times
Quote:
Well in this particular situation when you have a listing that says "motivated seller", one would expect an actual motivation to sell as opposed to a desire to sell at a price almost identical to the list price disguised as such...Good thing we're in no real rush but it should be interesting to see how the next 120 days plays out..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area