Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2015, 06:04 PM

3 posts, read 2,765 times

Advertisements

Ive been on and off this forum for years, and I know Real Estate is always a topic of interests. I recently placed my place up on MLS, about 2 weeks ago and have had one open house. I call my agent and she says the market is dead and nobody is calling. Is this true?, even on this page there is a thread saying market is heating up. Everybody says the price is appropiate and poss even low for the area. I have an agent that "specializes" in the Area and now want to do another open house. I feel open houses are old school and nobody really buys from them. If you want to know the particulars of the house zip 85253 in PV, the "3 C school district", on an acre, fully remodeled and less than 900k. not panicking but what to know some advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 06:37 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,638,101 times
Are you right on Scottsdale Road? That's an immediate turn off for many. It's going to sell a lot slower and likely for much less than $300/ft. If it's the house I'm thinking of, that back yard is intimidating being unfinished too. Gorgeous kitchen though. You really need a niche buyer that doesn't mind the traffic noise and can see the potential in that yard.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:42 PM

445 posts, read 515,400 times
Very generally speaking, the market appears to be doing fairly well for houses in the $200-$300K price range. There are a lot of buyers, particularly first timers, who are entering the market and this is a price point that is accessible for a good many people. But when you get up into the $500K+ range where your house is priced, there is a smaller pool of potential buyers to begin with. The real high end stuff like that typically moves slower than the rest of the market simply because there aren't as many people out there who can afford a house in that price range.

And I'm basing these comments solely off of conversations with my real estate agent, so take it with a grain of salt.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:54 PM

DetroitN8V: Yeah thats me, the noise isnt bad but I know it is a negative, I actually like being close to scottsdale rd, I can walk to pei wei and the shopping center. Yeah the backyard is huge and I am hoping that people see the potential. What do you think of spending 5-8+ K and doing the backyard

Old 05-13-2015, 07:00 PM

428 posts, read 5,884,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Are you right on Scottsdale Road? That's an immediate turn off for many. It's going to sell a lot slower and likely for much less than $300/ft. If it's the house I'm thinking of, that back yard is intimidating being unfinished too. Gorgeous kitchen though. You really need a niche buyer that doesn't mind the traffic noise and can see the potential in that yard.
Are you referring to the house Sunnyvale house? Even though it renovated, it looks dated and not very luxurious. 5 miles away, larger, newer, more luxurious homes are the same price. That's what's going to be drive potential people away. The land is prime, yes, but for that kind of money, why would walk away from a home in Madrid, for example, about 5 miles away...

Old 05-13-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEdM23 View Post
DetroitN8V: Yeah thats me, the noise isnt bad but I know it is a negative, I actually like being close to scottsdale rd, I can walk to pei wei and the shopping center. Yeah the backyard is huge and I am hoping that people see the potential. What do you think of spending 5-8+ K and doing the backyard
I'm certainly no expert, but I would think that some greenery would help. Even if just a small rectangle of turf. Personally, I would love a yard that size to do what I wanted with. Good luck! Someone will fall in love with that kitchen.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:03 PM

892 posts, read 1,499,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEdM23 View Post
What do you think of spending 5-8+ K and doing the backyard
Less than 1% of the asking price of the house? I couldn't write a check fast enough if it meant helping to sell the house, lol.

While this is also a WAG...I'd wager that the typical buyer in that market also isn't going to be looking for a fixer-upper property (in the sense that something needs finishing, not implying that there is structural repairs needed, or a gutting of the house kind of thing).

Old 05-13-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince3vince View Post
Are you referring to the house Sunnyvale house? Even though it renovated, it looks dated and not very luxurious. 5 miles away, larger, newer, more luxurious homes are the same price. That's what's going to be drive potential people away. The land is prime, yes, but for that kind of money, why would walk away from a home in Madrid, for example, about 5 miles away...
Lot size and location would do it for me. I know you love Madrid but those lots are pretty small for the size of the homes. While only 5 miles or so, the PV location is definetly an advantage.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:19 PM

thanks for the info guys, turf or grass? there is a area in the back that was grass but to went to seed so and did a little work myself. I kinda like the idea of turf area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: