Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 09:37 AM

9 posts, read 8,574 times

Advertisements

Our move is almost confirmed. My husband and me will be both working in Amex at 18850 N 56th St. ,Phoenix, AZ 85054.
we have 2 kids aged 11 ,and 6 (not super happy about this move) ,will be going to middle school and elementary schools.
in mid west we do have hot summer (may reach up to 90-95 F),and snow in winters (below zero some times). from what i read ,i should expect pretty hot summers here in Phoenix.

Need some areas where we can buy house
  • good school district
  • Diverse (also we are immigrants from India ,it would be good if the area is diverse )
  • safe
  • cost ( well ,we didn't actually zeroed on any number yet , it would be great if its below 500K )
  • commute to work less than 20 mins

please suggest .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 09:42 AM

163 posts, read 207,801 times
It's supposed to hit 115 today so it does get warm in the summer ��. Hopefully others will be able to address your other points and good luck with the move!

Old 06-24-2015, 09:43 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,526,159 times
1) Desert Ridge area, 2) the area around Horizon High School (south of Bell, east of Scottsdale Rd, N of Thunderbird.

Neighborhoods are formed in this metro area based on economics, not ethnicity. As a result, you'll find varying levels of diversity in any area you might be looking at.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:47 AM

9 posts, read 8,574 times
so how long it stays above 100F

Old 06-24-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoseekers View Post

You can find weather statistics online. 100s are pretty much constant through August, unless there is a really good rain from an evening thunderstorm which will hold the temperature down a bit the next day. You can see 100's in September, we sometimes see 100's in October (that doesn't mean it is over 100 every day before that), but the nights begin to get cooler in September, as the air dries out.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:14 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,993,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infoseekers View Post
You can see 100 degrees as early as March sometimes. Its not consistent, though. 100 degrees will be consistent starting in May, and last all the way into mid-October. In October, the nights start to cool off nicely... at which point you can hear a collective sigh of relief from the millions of people here. Thats when you pat yourself on the back and say "we made it through another Phoenix summer".

Old 06-24-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
You can see 100 degrees as early as March sometimes. Its not consistent, though. 100 degrees will be consistent starting in May, and last all the way into mid-October. In October, the nights start to cool off nicely... at which point you can hear a collective sigh of relief from the millions of people here. Thats when you pat yourself on the back and say "we made it through another Phoenix summer".

Here's where looking at the actual statistics helps. The record high for any March date is 100, in 1988. Average highs don't go into triple digits until the very end of May, and they do not last consistently into mid-October. They do occur that late, but it's not daily through then. You have to talk averages, yes, there are variables from year to year, and some very unusual weather at times (like the unseasonably cool May and early June we had this year), but making hard and fast blanket statements is not the best approach, IMO.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Here's where looking at the actual statistics helps. The record high for any March date is 100, in 1988. Average highs don't go into triple digits until the very end of May, and they do not last consistently into mid-October. They do occur that late, but it's not daily through then. You have to talk averages, yes, there are variables from year to year, and some very unusual weather at times (like the unseasonably cool May and early June we had this year), but making hard and fast blanket statements is not the best approach, IMO.
Whoa there pardner! I never said they consistently lasted until mid-October, did I? And I also stated, very clearly, that 100 degrees in March can happen, but its never to be considered consistent. And this March I believe were were in the upper 90s in March, for several days. Whats a few degrees? Not like youll notice a difference between 97 and 100.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Whoa there pardner! I never said they consistently lasted until mid-October, did I? And I also stated, very clearly, that 100 degrees in March can happen, but its never to be considered consistent. And this March I believe were were in the upper 90s in March, for several days. Whats a few degrees? Not like youll notice a difference between 97 and 100.

You may not have meant that they were consistent, but I wanted to be sure the OP didn't take it that way, and give them some numbers. When you have people ranting on the other thread about how it's "miserable" here eight months a year, it can be pretty confusing to people who've never lived here.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
You may not have meant that they were consistent, but I wanted to be sure the OP didn't take it that way, and give them some numbers. When you have people ranting on the other thread about how it's "miserable" here eight months a year, it can be pretty confusing to people who've never lived here.
People who say its miserable here "8 months" are ridiculous. Ill give em 4 months, thats it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area