Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 03:52 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,477,647 times

Advertisements

What does ANY of this extended argument about Verrado have to do with "What I hate about the Valley"???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 04:58 PM

18,247 posts, read 25,909,423 times
There is a bunch of stuff here that needs to go ***POOF***. I don't have time for it right now but later this evening I'm going to try to eliminate the off topic remarks, insults, etc., etc. I don't know the long time AZ posters enough, I do know the out of state pot stirrers though.

Stay on topic.

No personal attacks. Thread re-opened.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 07-31-2015 at 06:40 AM..

Old 07-31-2015, 07:22 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,213,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
What does ANY of this extended argument about Verrado have to do with "What I hate about the Valley"???
Answer:

1.) Petlover8 HATES partially developed outskirt developments. (Others love the look and feel and think Master planned Valley developments including me).

2.) Bigcats HATES the obnoxious commercials that are advertised in the Valley. DetroitN8V likes them and finds them catchy.

That's ^^ your answer.

With that said, the personal attacks were not needed and unwelcome. SCW also has nothing to do with the thread. Also, it's nice to partially stray off course in a thread now and then (within reason). It makes C-D infinitely more interesting to visit. I know I am not alone.

So what do I hate about the Valley? People who continuously try to apply their location needs and trade-offs to others. You see it here on the forum fairly often. People assume that being central is what everyone wants. They assume everyone needs to commute and that every new home is a beige boring box in every outskirt town.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:51 AM

482 posts, read 534,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Answer:

1.) Petlover8 HATES partially developed outskirt developments.
If that's true, then how come I bought in one?

Old 08-02-2015, 03:24 PM

567 posts, read 789,935 times
No ocean.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:33 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,737,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaMom View Post
No ocean.
Yet.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:18 PM

3,301 posts, read 3,957,305 times
Lots of beach, just no ocean

Old 08-03-2015, 11:47 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,652,576 times
I absolutely love this area and this state but nothing is perfect.
With that said, my list of things I dislikes is short.
I hate that in most cities in the valley, the stop lights are not timed with each other. It really gets to me when I have to drive a lot that I only make about 1 in every 7 green lights even when there is little traffic.
I love Canyon Lake but hate the road going there. That road needs repaving more than any road I've driven anywhere in the valley and believe me that I drive a LOT.
Other than that, I'm very happy here.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:42 AM

482 posts, read 534,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
This argument over humidity is hilarious, you know they track this stuff right?

Over the recorded weather history for each city Chicago on average has a higher dew point than Phoenix in July by a fairly substantial amount. As you can see the tighter band of the typical dew point represented as between 54-67, while Phoenix has a much larger band ranging from 39-64. More variability in Phoenix, as can be expected with the Monsoon moisture.

So, yes, even though some people lived in Chicago as long as I've been alive, the facts do point to the fact that Chicago typically has more moisture content in the air. Can we end this debate and all go eat some burritos now? JESUS PEOPLE. Enough about the weather.

Average dew point in July in Chicago: Over the course of a typical July, the dew point typically varies from 54°F (very comfortable) to 67°F (muggy) and is rarely below 45°F (dry) or above 74°F (very muggy).

Average dew point in July in Phoenix: Over the course of a typical July, the dew point typically varies from 39°F (dry) to 64°F (mildy humid) and is rarely below 24°F (dry) or above 71°F (very muggy).
Exactly. Trying to compare Chicago's humidity level to Phoenix is idiotic. Ask yourself this. How many evaporative coolers do you see in Illinois? I doubt you could even find a place that sells them. Now, why do you suppose that is?

Old 09-10-2015, 02:36 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,981,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
Exactly. Trying to compare Chicago's humidity level to Phoenix is idiotic. Ask yourself this. How many evaporative coolers do you see in Illinois? I doubt you could even find a place that sells them. Now, why do you suppose that is?
Because its more humid in IL on average. Key word: average. But to suggest Phoenix doesnt get as humid from time to time (which was the argument all along) is preposterous. This morning we were hovering near 70% humidity, with a 70-degree dewpoint, and 85 degrees. Thats downright near tropical levels. We're just lucky that when it gets to 105 degrees the humidity dies down, or else we'd be faced with Dubai-like heat indices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area