Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 05:09 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,760,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
No Knocks are authorized when they know they have a dangerous situation and they are done to save LEO lives.
a no-knock warrant only makes the situation more dangerous to the leos's involved. A group of men, dressed in black, wearing masks & surrounding & invading a home is likely to get shot at by both neighbors and residents. It's already happened a couple times in recent memory & that isn't going to improve.

I'd never vote to convict a homeowner for shooting at someone who kicked in a door / wasn't in uniform & was wearing a mask. If you want the legal protections of being a cop, you need to wear a uniform. The legal situation we have now is untenable - both cops and home-invasion crews wear black, cover their faces & yell "police" when they kick in a door. A law-abiding citizen has no reason to suspect they'll get "raided", so the only other possibility is that you're being robbed. Under those circumstances, it's both reasonable and logical to empty your gun at whomever is coming through your door (or your windows).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 05:22 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,729,212 times
And then you are left with two options~

1) you die

2) you survive to go to jail.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:52 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,405,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This over the line behavior by bounty hunters has been going on for some time. Efforts to rein them in have not been terribly successful. I'll bet now that one of Phoenix' Finest has been targeted that will change. Kind of like the freeway crossover crashes years ago that were ignored until a legislator was involved in one. Government for the few.
Yep - I know a lot of Honolulu PD. Dog drives them all nutso out there. He wears a badge that looks like he bought it off ebay. He acts on TV like he's a cop. He's no cop and he isn't helping the Police. All these guys he arrests are just jumping bail. It's not like he's fighting crime or anything... he's just trying to get his Bail money back!! If you watch the show, you can tell the guys know they are going to get their 15 minutes of fame ... I think they jump bail just to be stars on the show...

Worst thing about Dog is that he romanticized the whole collections industry. That's all Dog is - a collections guy.

I'm surprised the new Chief didn't have more protection around his home. I'll bet he does now!!

Old 08-10-2015, 01:41 AM

13,574 posts, read 7,536,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
In a civilised country like Canada, there is no such thing as a freakin Bounty Hunter. Just how the USA got so messed up is beyond me!!!!!

Isn't self defense illegal in Canada?

Ian Thomson: Judge rightly acquits man who defended himself with a gun | National Post

Old 08-10-2015, 08:24 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,631,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
a no-knock warrant only makes the situation more dangerous to the leos's involved. A group of men, dressed in black, wearing masks & surrounding & invading a home is likely to get shot at by both neighbors and residents. It's already happened a couple times in recent memory & that isn't going to improve.

I'd never vote to convict a homeowner for shooting at someone who kicked in a door / wasn't in uniform & was wearing a mask. If you want the legal protections of being a cop, you need to wear a uniform. The legal situation we have now is untenable - both cops and home-invasion crews wear black, cover their faces & yell "police" when they kick in a door. A law-abiding citizen has no reason to suspect they'll get "raided", so the only other possibility is that you're being robbed. Under those circumstances, it's both reasonable and logical to empty your gun at whomever is coming through your door (or your windows).
I agree, I would also vote not guilty in such a situation.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:37 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,301,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
All these guys he arrests are just jumping bail. It's not like he's fighting crime or anything... he's just trying to get his Bail money back!!

That's all Dog is - a collections guy.

But isn't that what all of those "bounty hunters" do? Pick up bail jumpers so the bondsman doesn't have to forfeit the bail money he put up to release the arrestee from jail while awaiting trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: