Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 01:28 AM

7 posts, read 9,851 times

Advertisements

Are there certain areas or sub divisions in Casa Grande to avoid? We found a house in Cottonwood Commons we really like that would suit my business. What is travel like up to Phoenix? This wouldn't be for job commute but driving to just do things in Phoenix. And is there things like big box stores (Lowe's, Pet Smart, Sam's Club etc). Close to grocery stores?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 08:03 AM

1,707 posts, read 4,342,135 times
HI Em,

I dont think there is a "Cottonwood Commons" - there is an "Ironwood Commons" and a "Cottonwood Ranch" - these are very nice communities. Ironwood Commons is a completed subdivision, whereas Cottonwood ranch is one of the communities where new homes continue to be built by D R Horton. Either place is nice, new, and very safe etc. If you get an exact address (hundred block and street name is fine) I will get you the real subdivision name.

We have Lowes, PetSmart, Sam's Club, Walmart SuperStore, Home Depot, Target, JcPenney. Kohls, Dillards, Buffalo Wild Wings, Olive Garden, Mimis, Chilis, Golden Corrall, Cracker Barrell, several grocery stores, and many many smaller stores like Michaels (and the other bead place), Sports Authority, and many many more as well as several good local restaurants and more to come.

Up to the outskirts of Phoenix is about 35 minutes (Chandler/Ahwatukee), downtown is 45-50. Tucson the other way is about an hour.

Hope that helps. There are many threads with additional information on Casa Grande here on C-D if you do a search.

EDITED - Originally said Ironwood Commons was a senior community - I was mistaken It is Ironwood VILLAGE across the street that is senior - Ironwood Commons is family.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:40 AM

[quote=sh9730;41245533]HI Em,

I dont think there is a "Cottonwood Commons" - there is an "Ironwood Commons" and a "Cottonwood Ranch" - these are very nice communities. Ironwood Commons is a completed subdivision, whereas Cottonwood ranch is one of the communities where new homes continue to be built by D R Horton. Either place is nice, new, and very safe etc. If you get an exact address (hundred block and street name is fine) I will get you the real subdivision name.

1368 E Colorado Loop
This is the address of the house on realtor.com we like. It says Cottonwood Commons as the community. We dont mind it further out. We don't have to commute to Phoenix or Tuscon since I work at home and my husband will be working for me once we move.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:56 AM

Hi Em,

I think they mean "Ironwood Commons" - see the map link below:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/13...599090!6m1!1e1 .

You will see the school to the south is "Ironwood Elementary" and that entire neighborhood to the south is Ironwood Commons. Actually I think Colorado Loop is its own little thing - different builder and a little older than the Commons.

But it still a fine little street of 20 houses or so. The building on the north side of Cottonwood is a Charter High School. This satellite is a little behind of course but at the Northeast Corner of Peart Rd/Cottonwood construction is underway for an assisted living building (3 story) and the expansion of those Villas By Mary T senior townhomes. So that NE corner will be all filled in.

Eventually there WILL be some sort of commercial center built behind the exact house you are looking at - but nothing in the plans right now so it could be many years out. Further up on Peart is where they are building the new community center.

It is a good, safe, central location.....anything out that way is just fine. You are about 1 mile from the main street Florence Blvd where anything you could likely want is located. Both Home Depot and Lowes are within 1 mile of you and the mall is about 3 miles via either Florence or Cottonwood.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-20-2015, 11:08 PM

Thanks so much. Are there areas to avoid? We are looking in San Tan and Queen Creek also, but this house in particular would be perfect for my business.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:46 AM

EM - IN GENERAL if you stay east of trekell rd and north of Cottonwood you will be in similar neighborhoods to what that house is. That is not to say the neighborhood inside the area bordered south of Cottonwood is bad by any stretch. Just there are some older parts inside that quadrant and more apartments etc. And there are some newer smaller neighborhoods inside that square that are very nice - as well as a couple of older ones outside of the square.

There are also a couple of subdivisions on the west side of town (west of Pinal) that are just fine also - SK Ranch, Desert Sky Ranch, Casa Mirage and a couple of others in the area of Kortsen Rd that are good too. Just not as close to Florence Blvd as the one you are looking at now.

Best of luck.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:47 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,367,437 times
I was amazed to read that Casa Grande has now reached 50,000 residents. Is there much continuity/interaction/tension between the "old" city and the "new" homes and commercial? Just curious how it all mixes together.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:19 PM

Hi Scottsdale,

Actually we get into the 70K mark in the winter now - and I expect we will add at least 1K people per year (based on housing permits etc..) which isn't a great number but it adds up - the big wild card will be PhoenixMart (PhoenixMart | Global Sourcing Center). That project has had a lot of fits and starts to the point some people don't believe it will ever be completed - BUT - the latest official news from the builders and the City is that it should open sometime in 2016. If it happens that will be at least 4000 jobs added to the mix here. Combine that with the just opening Tractor Supply Company Distribution Center, TWO assisted living facilities under construction now, and it wouldn't be surprising to see 5K new jobs in the next 18 months. That will change things FAST!

As for co-existence. It is pretty much live and let live. The older areas are not "bad" by big city standards at all. There are a few pockets of some pretty low income stuff, and people likely avoid those areas, but the old downtown is being revitalized like many cities, and the various populations seem to live and work together pretty well. Like anywhere, the actual "tensions" are often among various factions of the groups themselves and rarely work their way into the lives of the average citizens.

But, the next phase of growth may bring some interesting changes to town....we ll see.

For now I am just happy we got a Buffalo Wild Wings to open!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area