Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 03:27 PM

113 posts, read 310,441 times

Advertisements

I asked about lot sizes and costs in the Sun City Festival retirement community. On an online chat session, I was told DelWebb was prohibited from giving me that information because they weren't registered in NY. Does anyone know anything about this? How can NY disallow a developer from giving me that info?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 04:11 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,684,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco111 View Post
I asked about lot sizes and costs in the Sun City Festival retirement community. On an online chat session, I was told DelWebb was prohibited from giving me that information because they weren't registered in NY. Does anyone know anything about this? How can NY disallow a developer from giving me that info?
There must be rules that prohibit property developers from soliciting business in New York unless certain conditions are met. I'm not sure about the background, but I think that there's perhaps a history of developers in Florida selling swampland to people from out of state.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:39 PM

2,774 posts, read 5,727,219 times
Quote:
How can NY disallow a developer from giving me that info?
I assume it has to do with licensing (sales, not developer).

Old 11-04-2015, 04:42 PM

498 posts, read 543,583 times
Tell him you're from somewhere else, who's going to know? Since when is the internet honest?

Old 11-04-2015, 04:54 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
Try this on the Retirement forum and see if anyone lives in Festival and can help you.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:07 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Try this on the Retirement forum and see if anyone lives in Festival and can help you.

The OP doesn't need to go to the Retirement forum for that; the odds of finding someone familiar with Festival here who could answer those questions are probably better, and it's not a Retirement forum question, really.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:58 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,689,197 times
Quote:
if you want to sell real estate in another state, you have to be licensed in that state (in this case, new york). Agents in AZ aren't going to be familiar with NY real estate law (and vice versa), so they really can't talk turkey with you. Arizona is no different in that respect - if an agent in NY was offering properties here, they would run afoul of our laws unless they were licensed here. It doesn't seem like quoting a list price in a chat session would cross the line, but real-estate boards can be very territorial & the penalties can be pretty severe, so DelWebb is prolly just playing it safe.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:06 AM

604 posts, read 934,752 times
The Del Webb "chat" feature, in my experience, is worthless. They are there primarily to take your info and have someone (read; sales) contact you with specific information. I was surprised to read they are unable to give you information because of a state you live in. I suggest they would not give you information because they had none. I stopped asking questions on that site months ago because I was always told the same thing no matter my question: "we don't have that information but would be happy to have someone from the community contact you". Call Festival and bypass the Del Webb site.

Concerning Festival lot sizes they range from just over 5k sq. ft to just over 9k. I would recommend visiting a realtor's web site where existing homes are listed along with lot size. This would give you an idea of what to expect.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:44 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,957,540 times
MLS listings for that neighborhood show lot sizes ranging from 7k sq ft to 10k sq ft. About 1/5 an acre

That isn't too shabby for newer builds in the valley

Old 11-05-2015, 03:02 PM

113 posts, read 310,441 times
Well, I'm in contact with an Arizona real estate agent. I asked if she can tell me what the lot prices are. Why don't they indicate the sq footage and price for each lot on a map of the retirement community? I'm talking about new construction.

Also, does anyone know if a real estate agent makes more money if I buy a previously owned home versus new home? The reason I ask is because I really would prefer a new home, and the real estate agent seems to be "pushing" previously owned homes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: