Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 04:01 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,637,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasi_crystals View Post
LAYERS, since its in the cooler season right now. Thin flannels and henleys with a nice jacket, jeans, and some boots, people won't even think you're from here. Summer months are a little harder and limited because its so hot everyone just wants to look ratchet with their basketball shorts and flip flops. Cargos, no. Flat front shorts with some boat shoes and a thin tri blend tee or tank will look awesome Nothing too sophisticated, its the southwest and were pretty laid back.
LAYERS? Oh, no... not layers. Layering is a cold country, snowbird thing!

Layering in Arizona? Pleeez...

If needed, just either wear a jacket - or don't. Layering? Maybe in a Minnesota blizzard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 04:24 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,345,654 times
Layering is a must this time of year. It's not about bundling up, its about being prepared for a 30+ degree temp shift during the day. It's smart

Old 11-28-2015, 04:29 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,996,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I've also never seen anyone in a Stetson or Arizona Feed hat, whatever that is. "Fashion" here isn't much different than every day fashion anywhere else.

The main difference I have seen is dress codes at work seem to be more relaxed
This. I've lived here off and on my entire life and while there are ranchers on fringes I rarely see people sporting either of the mentioned items.

Although I have seen a lot of informal suits (I am a suit). I appreciate it how casual we are even at the professional level. In many cities I can't get away with the suits I can wear here. People wear all kinds of interesting colors and patters but if you go out east its all black, dark grey or blue.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:16 PM

197 posts, read 455,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
LAYERS? Oh, no... not layers. Layering is a cold country, snowbird thing!

Layering in Arizona? Pleeez...

If needed, just either wear a jacket - or don't. Layering? Maybe in a Minnesota blizzard.
Hence I stated THIN (under layer) flannel or henley. Of course don't wear a heavy North Face insulated parka.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:28 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,637,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasi_crystals View Post
Hence I stated THIN (under layer) flannel or henley. Of course don't wear a heavy North Face insulated parka.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:55 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,396,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I can't say I've seen any men in pink shirts here. Not in 2 years.
Maybe they are all in gay bars.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:10 PM

7,333 posts, read 12,414,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Pink shirts are not commonplace here by any means. If you want to stand out, fine, but don't insinuate that it's some sort of widespread fashion statement - it isn't.
Well, I do see a lot more men in pink shirts here in the Phoenix area than I do in Albuquerque (where I lived before). I also used to live in Virginia Beach, Virginia, however, I never paid much attention to clothing color at the time since I was too young.

Old 11-29-2015, 12:07 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,706,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Maybe they are all in gay bars.
Gay guys have far better style than that though.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:59 AM

12 posts, read 14,636 times
Fashion? style? ahhhhhh not here! I have yet to see anyone where a suit to their job here. After being here for 4 years.... just about anything goes.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:02 AM

113 posts, read 160,730 times
It would have been interesting for the posters to have mentioned their age in their posts, so the reader could determine whether the answers are "age-appropriate" for him.

And it would alleviate my curiosity about how old someone is who wears a pink shirt often....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area