Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 10:22 AM

127 posts, read 195,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
Buckeye is not THAT far from Sky Harbor, I work at the airport and live in Maricopa. I love it here, clean, safe and only about a half hour or so away. Buckeye is nice as well, my friend just bought in Verano and he is very happy.

And yes you will be able to get a mortgage for around that amount. We looked in Laveen prior to buying and you get a lot less house out there not to mention the various sketchy areas that you're around.
clean, safe, half hour trip to where? if it's just the highway I-10 then yes, to the airport, no...Most low lives have moved into Maricopa due to the low rent. Add the outrageous utilities and living in Maricopa is not a bargain at all. Stupid posts like yours are what drove me to this city. I didn't know any better...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 05:39 PM

30,512 posts, read 19,271,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disabledveteran1 View Post
clean, safe, half hour trip to where? if it's just the highway I-10 then yes, to the airport, no...Most low lives have moved into Maricopa due to the low rent. Add the outrageous utilities and living in Maricopa is not a bargain at all. Stupid posts like yours are what drove me to this city. I didn't know any better...
I've also heard utilities are outrageous, so how much are you averaging compared to the size house you have? I own 3 houses in Maricopa that I rent out and I really like the community when I travel there although there's not enough retail, restaurants, etc for my liking although Chandler isn't too far away. Can you provide a fair analysis of your experience in Maricopa?

Old 01-14-2016, 04:20 AM

127 posts, read 195,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I've also heard utilities are outrageous, so how much are you averaging compared to the size house you have? I own 3 houses in Maricopa that I rent out and I really like the community when I travel there although there's not enough retail, restaurants, etc for my liking although Chandler isn't too far away. Can you provide a fair analysis of your experience in Maricopa?
Well, water is a flat rate of between $118-$125 every month. Electric in the winter is in the mid $200's. Between April and May it's between $300 to $450. May to October it's around $500 to $600. Taxes is 8.7% plus 2% city tax so for every $10 spent, you pay a little over $1 in taxes. Chandler is about 20 miles from here. Just to get to the highway and back is a 30 mile round trip. 347 is a nightmare early in the morning and late afternoon, literally the whole town seems to work somewhere outside Maricopa. That's because there are no jobs here besides minimum wage. Most people coming to Maricopa are rejects from everywhere else in the Valley who think they're saving money. I mean loud music, thugs, trashy people. Just stop by circle K off 347 and watch the people coming in and out...$1000-$1300 rent may sound appealing for some but after adding the other expenses, it's not a bargain at all.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:16 AM

720 posts, read 736,255 times
Default moving to AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky313 View Post
I am 24 years old. Married with three kids (from 6 months, 5yr old and 3yr old). I work at the airport so I will be working at Phoenix airport.

My husband will have to find a job that's on opposite shift of mine so we don't have to worry about child care. Schools and neighborhoods is very important seeing as we do have young children who will be in school. We own or house outside of Detroit, MI so we're looking to own a house eventually. Our budget is $1000 a month really under that if we can. We not really "hangers" but we do like to get out here and there so we don't mind driving to get out. I do monthly grocery shopping but I love Walmart as everyone does .

Any ideas on where we should be looking to live? I do have friends who love in buckeye and I do love it there where they love at. Is it possible to get a mortgage and have monthly rate of $1000?

Any advice to give to me. ?
Interestingly that $1000/mo may be more appropriate for a mortgage these days than rent depending on your qualifications and what you have to put down. A 3br/2bath home to rent is expensive depending on what part of town you choose. I think your best bet is the ahwatukee area which is about 10-20minutes to airport. Plenty of homes in the <$250k price point. Good luck!

Old 01-14-2016, 02:52 PM

30,512 posts, read 19,271,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disabledveteran1 View Post
Well, water is a flat rate of between $118-$125 every month. Electric in the winter is in the mid $200's. Between April and May it's between $300 to $450. May to October it's around $500 to $600. Taxes is 8.7% plus 2% city tax so for every $10 spent, you pay a little over $1 in taxes. Chandler is about 20 miles from here. Just to get to the highway and back is a 30 mile round trip. 347 is a nightmare early in the morning and late afternoon, literally the whole town seems to work somewhere outside Maricopa. That's because there are no jobs here besides minimum wage. Most people coming to Maricopa are rejects from everywhere else in the Valley who think they're saving money. I mean loud music, thugs, trashy people. Just stop by circle K off 347 and watch the people coming in and out...$1000-$1300 rent may sound appealing for some but after adding the other expenses, it's not a bargain at all.
So it looks like your utilities average about $450/mo plus $125 for water so around $575/mo....that sounds high, what size house and do you have hot tub and/or pool there? I agree Chandler is much more desirable but your mortgage for a similar house is going to be double though you will save some on utilities. If you have to drive to Phoenix every day for work, you'll definitely save enough on car wear and tear plus time to justify Chandler imo but if you work from home or retired, Maricopa is definitely going to be cheaper.

In the neighborhood where my houses are at least, I haven't noticed that trashy people element you mentioned but I guess lowered cost will bring in a lower socioeconomic class. You can price that element out in Scottsdale but then you get a bunch of arrogant people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area