Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 03:42 PM

722 posts, read 741,582 times

Advertisements

I know you said you don't want internet stats - but this is a really good website because it also includes sex offenders https://www.crimereports.com/ your best bet - and this is for anyone living anywhere is to call the local police station and speak to the desk sargeant and ask your questions - they'll tell you if there are gang issues, delinquency with schools, drug issues you name it - just have your questions ready - and know which precinct you call because they are location based.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 07:35 PM

9 posts, read 9,982 times
When we moved to phoenix last year we rented a nice home while deciding where we wanted to live. Seemed like a nice area, quiet...area off jomax just west if 17. across from usaa corporate site. verry close to the shops at norterra. home prices 375-550 in the neighborhood. Within 2 months we were robbed. Before we moved out 5 mo into our lease we were hit again this time we were home, asleep...Found out after the first time that there had been more than a few other homes targeted.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:49 PM

9 posts, read 9,982 times
Just one note to my earlier post we moved only a little further north off carefree highway and love it, safe, more space pretty....

Old 02-06-2016, 10:54 AM

681 posts, read 1,564,720 times
We are part time residents in the Stetson area; have owned there since 2011... it's very safe.

We talk to our neighbors constantly (they are all full time residents) and I've only heard of one home burglary in our neighborhood in 5 years. No car prowlings in our specific neighborhood either.

Our permanent residence here in Calgary is located in an area where the average home is close to 600K (or about $6000 US now ) and we have NIGHTLY home and vehicle break-ins - typically unlocked vehicles, open garage doors, or using a garage door opener left in an un-locked vehicle. I don't feel unsafe here either; I just make sure I lock my doors and don't leave valuables in sight.

Doesn't matter where you live, it happens in every neighborhood; these are typically crimes of opportunity. If your property is secured, most criminals will move on to an easy target, because there are plenty of them out there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area