Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 08:36 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,659,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Warner View Post
Is CyKick only available on line?
Amazon has free same day on it if I'm not mistaken - if timing is an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 09:05 AM

35 posts, read 37,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Amazon has free same day on it if I'm not mistaken - if timing is an issue.
No, I'm good for a few months. I called my exterminator on Friday and he "assured me the service was performed" I told him I have good reason to believe it wasn't. He just called me back and said "employee X will return and do a reapplication to assure that I am satisfied." I told him I want my garage floor sprayed and my laundry room as well.

He's coming on Thursday...then I will cancel the contract on Friday

Old 02-29-2016, 09:09 AM

6,775 posts, read 5,075,992 times
Do My Own Pest Control has a better price, free shipping, and I believe it's still no sales tax (for AZ at least).

Old 02-29-2016, 09:59 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,959,505 times
Quote:
They sell it at Bug and Weed Mart (cheaper than Amazon prices linked to last time I bought it)

They have locations in Gilbert, Mesa and Scottsdale

Old 02-29-2016, 02:10 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,161,482 times
Quote:
Yes, try ebay, much cheaper than at the stores.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:12 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,161,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
They sell it at Bug and Weed Mart (cheaper than Amazon prices linked to last time I bought it)

Bug and Weed Mart was 50 dollars. They thankfully matched the eBay buy it now price of 30 dollars. Wear gloves, do not breath it in amd do not get it on your skin at all. Not fun stuff to deal with. I have killed 9 scorpions already in the last 2 days.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:24 PM

50,391 posts, read 47,131,977 times
What are you guys using for termites? Seems every house here has em.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:50 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,248,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What are you guys using for termites? Seems every house here has em.
I own a lot of real estate here in the valley, I get inspections done every 2 years on my rental properties and when I have a tenant vacate. That said I have never had a problem with termites.

There is different approaches to treating termites it all depends on where they are and how much damage they have done. If the colony is in your home you have other issues too, they need water and if they have moved inside they are getting it from somewhere. You can treat subterranean termites by digging a 6" x 6" ditch all the way around your home and buying chemicals that mix into water and pouring it in then covering it up and pouring the mixture over top. There is loads of info out there on how to do it yourself, or you can pay about a grand give or take to get a company to do it for you.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:55 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,430,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post

Is that the place on the west side of Power, just south of Main? I remember seeing a DIY exterminator place in that area.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:13 PM

848 posts, read 969,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
I own a lot of real estate here in the valley, I get inspections done every 2 years on my rental properties and when I have a tenant vacate. That said I have never had a problem with termites.

There is different approaches to treating termites it all depends on where they are and how much damage they have done. If the colony is in your home you have other issues too, they need water and if they have moved inside they are getting it from somewhere. You can treat subterranean termites by digging a 6" x 6" ditch all the way around your home and buying chemicals that mix into water and pouring it in then covering it up and pouring the mixture over top. There is loads of info out there on how to do it yourself, or you can pay about a grand give or take to get a company to do it for you.
I am moving into a rental that a coworker owns next month. Part of the reason we chose it, despite not really liking the lot style (it's that sort of one-driveway-5-houses sort of deal) near Ocotillo Rd and Arizona Ave. was that it had grass for the toddler and baby to play on. Well when we went over to check it out, he had ripped out all the grass and left it as just dirt. He said he didn't want grass because watering it washes away the chemicals he uses for termites. The house doesn't have termites, but the neighbor to the west does, so he's trying to prevent the termites from coming over to his house.

We want to plant grass, and I figure there has to be a way to have grass but also have a termite solution. I doubt people just rip out their grass if the neighbors get termites. Besides that, the grass doesn't even go up to that west wall. For about 10 feet out from the west wall it's just dirt/rocks/concrete anyway. He said the grass is ok if indeed there is a way to have grass while not negating any termite solutions.

At any rate, will this method above be suitable? Or is there some other way? I can try to attach a picture in the next day or two to make the setup back there more clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area