Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 08:08 AM

586 posts, read 542,271 times

Advertisements

You will not be owning a pool for anywhere near the $90 HOA that has been shown in this thread and that's without the initial cost of the pool. And if you are looking to swim as the OP suggested the normal 30 something feet AZ pool is really not a swimming pool but rather a play pool. I do agree that they are nice during the hot summer though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
If you want a pool have you thought of putting one in? I say that because it is far more convenient. And most of the HOA's in pool communities are expensive. If you're planning on living there for a long time it will almost pay for itself having your own. A pool won't add much to the resale value of your home, but if it's well maintained, a house with a pool will usually sell a lot faster than an identical one without. If you go with Pebble Tech and a Caretaker Cleaning System over plaster, they're far less labor intensive to clean. I vacuum my pool only twice a year. Out here you're far better off with a pool than without. The Summers are long and hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 08:57 AM

483 posts, read 666,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates419 View Post
You will not be owning a pool for anywhere near the $90 HOA that has been shown in this thread and that's without the initial cost of the pool. And if you are looking to swim as the OP suggested the normal 30 something feet AZ pool is really not a swimming pool but rather a play pool. I do agree that they are nice during the hot summer though.
We know a couple who live in our retirement community who have their own pool. We saw them one day at the community pool (which is gorgeous, by the way) and asked them why they weren't using their own pool. They said it's too expensive to heat the pool...they only have it for the grandkids. Plus, they said, they come to the community pool to talk to people. Sounds like a great investment on their part...

Old 05-20-2016, 09:11 AM

17 posts, read 16,819 times
Thanks. Which community are you in? Right now I am looking in to visiting Vistancia, Estrella Mountain, Verrado, and maybe Sun City Festival. We would want nice facilities over our own pool. Other suggestions are Palm Valley and Marley Park. We really don't want to go over $250K for home purchase and $150/mo HOA. Still reasearching what we can afford in these areas. Meeting a realtor in Scottsdale for 2 days and on our own for 2 days. Keep it coming!!! THANKS

Old 05-20-2016, 09:28 AM

482 posts, read 533,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpakrfan View Post
They said it's too expensive to heat the pool......
When were they swimming?

Old 05-20-2016, 09:35 AM

Having just been down this road I will tell you that when you consider purchase price, HOA, and cost of living Estrella is the clear winner vs Verrado and Vistancia. However you have to decide on location and amenities for yourself. I know nothing about Sun City as I never considered it. I'm in Estrella.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondave View Post
Thanks. Which community are you in? Right now I am looking in to visiting Vistancia, Estrella Mountain, Verrado, and maybe Sun City Festival. We would want nice facilities over our own pool. Other suggestions are Palm Valley and Marley Park. We really don't want to go over $250K for home purchase and $150/mo HOA. Still reasearching what we can afford in these areas. Meeting a realtor in Scottsdale for 2 days and on our own for 2 days. Keep it coming!!! THANKS

Old 05-20-2016, 09:43 AM

I really should add that I really like Verrado but just couldn't justify the higher prices for initial purchase price, HOA, and utilities. The Community is absolutely wonderful and has everything I would want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates419 View Post
Having just been down this road I will tell you that when you consider purchase price, HOA, and cost of living Estrella is the clear winner vs Verrado and Vistancia. However you have to decide on location and amenities for yourself. I know nothing about Sun City as I never considered it. I'm in Estrella.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:08 PM

73 posts, read 152,781 times
I know that you have gotten many votes for Goodyear, so I'm just going to chime in and add another! We love it in Goodyear, and we live in the Canyon Trails area.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:24 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,259,615 times
You may want to consider Verrado in Buckeye. It's far east on the boarder of Litchfield Park and Buckeye. Tons of amenities, very family oriented and great schools. You get to live a suburban life with all the amenities of a master planned community and then some and still feel like you're out in the middle of nowhere but close to restaurants and such things. Check it out!

Old 05-22-2016, 06:41 AM

While Verrado is a beautiful community there are presently only 7 houses for sale for under $250K and the OP's price range just doesn't fit Verrado as well as the HOA and utility costs are higher as well when compared to most Westside Communities. AS a comparable Estrella has over 30 houses presently for sale in that price range and the HOA is half that of Verrado. Verrado is nice but Estrella fits the OP's posted needs much better, Now if the OP wants to increase purchase price and HOA budget I think Berrado is the better community based on amenities and master planning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
You may want to consider Verrado in Buckeye. It's far east on the boarder of Litchfield Park and Buckeye. Tons of amenities, very family oriented and great schools. You get to live a suburban life with all the amenities of a master planned community and then some and still feel like you're out in the middle of nowhere but close to restaurants and such things. Check it out!

Old 05-22-2016, 09:29 AM

17 posts, read 16,819 times
While I have you local residents reducing my search time, is there hidden gems in the East Mesa, San Tan Valley, Gilbert that we may have missed? We went to Solera in Johnson Ranch but the 2br/2ba just seem to small for us. Once again Thanks and see all of you in 2 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area