Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2016, 09:04 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,299,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSomeday View Post
There's that scene in King of the Hill were Bobby ends up in Phoenix and, even though they used the example of 111 instead of something higher yet still realistic, questions how/why Phoenix even exists.

That episode was ridiculous. It was Christmastime when they were supposedly in Phoenix. I'd love it if it were 111 in late December, but we all know that is far from realistic.

It's funny how people think it is blazing hot here all year.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:23 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,948,208 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYt0SDnrBE
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 09:29 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,609,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
That episode was ridiculous. It was Christmastime when they were supposedly in Phoenix. I'd love it if it were 111 in late December, but we all know that is far from realistic.

You and I are lizards ElleTea. We love the heat. I actually get excited about summer but we are a rare breed.

Pretty soon we will be tar and feathered, well all sweat and dusted. lol
Attached Thumbnails
Heat jokes to celebrate the wave......-screen-shot-2016-06-03-8.23.16  

Old 06-03-2016, 09:47 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,299,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
You and I are lizards ElleTea. We love the heat. I actually get excited about summer but we are a rare breed.

Not as rare as you might think; I have met many people here that love it as well.

I enjoyed sitting outside after work last night as the sun was setting, feeling that hot breeze! I don't sweat much I the dry air here (yes even in monsoon season it is still dry to me), so bring it on!

Old 06-03-2016, 10:04 AM

848 posts, read 968,395 times
Quote:
Not as rare as you might think; I have met many people here that love it as well.

I enjoyed sitting outside after work last night as the sun was setting, feeling that hot breeze! I don't sweat much I the dry air here (yes even in monsoon season it is still dry to me), so bring it on!
For those of us that don't sweat much (even during intense workouts), including me, the heat is not that big of a deal. But I understand and feel bad for those that do sweat a lot. It sucks. I do fully appreciate my lack of sweating.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:14 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,969,862 times
I sweat horribly bad, so summer here (to me) is pure hell.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:52 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,368,146 times
Quote:

I know, right? I don't know why things like that annoy me but it just seems like such a simple thing to get right.

Not like a fictional city like Arlen which we know is in central Texas, wouldn't be a boiling kettle in its own right, anyway.

That said, I have seen I think all the episodes or very close to it. It's a good show and usually relatively true-to-life, which I like. Sometimes I guess they can't resist stretching the truth to make a joke or a plot work, e.g. the episode where they all drive an 18-wheeler...that annoyed me because it was so counter-factual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post

I like that line about sweat-and-dusted ... reminds me of sweeping out the barn with my grandmother every summer when I'd visit her ranch. It wasn't the hay and dirt and dust that annoyed me in retrospect as much as the mice droppings and whatever else. I always told myself it was too rural and isolated for those mice to have the hanta virus...haha. You get that brown speckled skin from all the dirt in the air and of course, some lovely different colors when blowing one's nose thereafter.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:54 AM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:

I actually enjoy sitting out in the dry heat at night as well. I really enjoy the pool then. Can't believe one can get so cold and shiver in 105 degrees. Once monsoon starts, though, its the couch for me.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:05 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSomeday View Post
There's that scene in King of the Hill were Bobby ends up in Phoenix and, even though they used the example of 111 instead of something higher yet still realistic, questions how/why Phoenix even exists.
That Xmas episode had me reeling too, especially considering it's never even hit 90 in December here (or January for that matter)

Old 06-03-2016, 06:18 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,609,474 times
I can't believe the days line up with our forecast.
Attached Thumbnails
Heat jokes to celebrate the wave......-screen-shot-2016-06-03-7.34.58  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: