Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 12:16 AM

17 posts, read 25,614 times

Advertisements

Since everyone was so helpful on my last thread about my parents possibly moving to a specific part of Chandler I thought that I could come back to you guys for some more help. The other house fell through after some inspections so they were able to find another one but I am not very familiar with all the areas and I am trying to learn since I live in California.

The house they found is basically around E. Frye Rd and 48th Street. The street is E. Glenhaven Dr. It's a neighborhood that is called Foothills Paseo I believe from what I see on Google Maps. What area is this considered? Is this Ahwatukee Foothills?

Can you give me your thoughts of that area. From what I have read it's a very good school district and has a lot of things there. The house is a bit newer compared to everything else we have seen, built in 1999.

I appreciate everyones feedback since we have inspections coming up and want to know everything I can.

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 08:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,466 times
I don't know if it's the Ahwatukee Foothills, but it's definitely Ahwatukee. Mid to upper neighborhood, not much diversity close to retail and grocery shopping. Clean. The way the neighboorhood looks on their drive-by is exactly how it is. pretty quite and uneventful. Most neighborhoods like that you don't have a lot of interaction with too many of your neighbors. I had more problems with scorpions than I would like. Not excessive for Arizona, but more than one a week is too much for me. Something a little more diverse and about $50K - $100K less is just west (about 3 miles) is Chandler, also excellent schools - top rated in the state. But it looks like they already bought.

Don't worry, fine area

Is it the house listed for 247K or 245K

I don't always follow this site, PM me for any questions.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:39 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,381,552 times
I live close to that area. Very convenient access to Phoenix and Chandler. In that block, there's good Kyrene school (Milenio), there's a Safeway in 40th, there's an urgent care, there's a library (Ironwood) and there's park (Pecos Park). Not much variety but the basic amenities are all available.

Good neighborhood and it feels pretty safe.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:47 PM

2,291 posts, read 3,088,431 times
Like others said it's a good spot. Close to highways, shopping, and amenities. Most everything you need is either right there along Chandler Blvd or a mile and a half up on Ray and 48th St. That's Desert Vista HS district which is a good school. Pecos Park is right near there, too, which is huge and has some things to do. My family frequents Ironwood library all the time and that's a mile from there. I think they'll/you'll like the 'Tukee!

Old 06-08-2016, 04:07 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,593,253 times
Just make sure it's not too close to the freeway so there won't be noise issues
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: