Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 09:34 PM

394 posts, read 344,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
For whatever reason, people are extra whiny these days. Regardless of how perfect or imperfect the weather is, people just live to whine and cry about it. The weather right now is fine, just get up early if you want to be outside and carry a lot of water. I've yet to have a problem, sure you sweat, but that's called summer and weather I'm here or the cold state I moved here from, I sweat outside in the summer. That's why it's called summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
And they get mad when you don't join them under their raining cloud.

Right now it's summer as you mentioned, so they'll try to make you hate that.
Once the summer is over they will start complaining about snowbirds as the basis of all evil.
Next comes the long, tired NIMBYS complaints.

Then we'll end and start all over again with the weather threads.

This year we have an added treat with the presidential election. Should get a lotta milage out of that.
It could be calculated strategy... It is getting more crowded - maybe it's meant as a deterent

Doesn't work on me though - I'm coming anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 10:13 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,988,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
I only stay inside when its 110+. My favorite outdoor activities (hiking and biking) are just too dangerous at those temps. I have hiked and biked in 110+ degrees, but its not fun at that point. This whole week (and then some) with temps ranging from 114-120 degrees is just flat out ludicrous.
It's been awful.

Old 06-24-2016, 06:07 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,756,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Rookie View Post
It could be calculated strategy... It is getting more crowded - maybe it's meant as a deterent

Touche! I can play along with this, it's so awful!!!! Stay away! You can't even breathe outside!

Old 06-24-2016, 07:16 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,601,318 times
Quote:

I wish you luck. I have some family who also moved out here from San Diego (they came from Santee). They love it here. I on the other hand, don't foresee living here any longer than a need to. Once I find a better career opportunity, I'm gone. I think it may be unfortunate that you are looking in the West Valley. Not the best half of town. IMO it's the same crap as the east side but most would agree that the east side is far superior. Either way, rent for a bit before you buy.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:17 PM

Also, to give AZ SOME love, if I find a good job in Flagstaff, I'd live the rest of my life there. Beautiful area and aside from not having a beach> San Diego IMO.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
I wish you luck. I have some family who also moved out here from San Diego (they came from Santee). They love it here. I on the other hand, don't foresee living here any longer than a need to. Once I find a better career opportunity, I'm gone. I think it may be unfortunate that you are looking in the West Valley. Not the best half of town. IMO it's the same crap as the east side but most would agree that the east side is far superior. Either way, rent for a bit before you buy.
Thanks for the wish of luck - I'm looking forward to it (for many reasons)...

Even though I'm not super familiar with all the areas - I've been out there several times and have done a boatload of research... For me, West Valley works better... From what I can tell, much of East valley is wannabe SoCal (which I'm trying to get the hell away from)... I don't like grass (especially in the desert ), Im sick of congestion (and snobby attitudes) ... I like rural and sparse... 100% opposite of the rat-race I'm in now... There are logistical reasons for West Valley too...

As for renting before buying - I strongly considered it... But I see prices going up (as much as 30% in 6 or less months), and interest rates are really low... I feel I'd regret not buying now. Plus I don't like the idea of moving twice in one year... Having that been said - buying from out of state has been the biggest PITA ever! Far more hassle, time consuming and stressful than I anticipated... I'm already in $2K just from the frequent visits to find a place ... For that reason, I kinda feel renting might have been a better choice, then buying from there... Either way, it's a major ordeal that takes a lot of effort and dedication - that I'm confident will be worth it in the end.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Also, to give AZ SOME love, if I find a good job in Flagstaff, I'd live the rest of my life there. Beautiful area and aside from not having a beach> San Diego IMO.
Beach is over-rated (especially these days)... Decades ago, it was all different... It's crap now. Flagstaff over beach all day long.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:37 PM

434 posts, read 1,044,026 times
Reading this thread Phoenix doesn't sound too bad, I usually hear that the city is unbearable in the summer! Probably feels better than Atlanta in the summer though.... the two cities are nearly at the same latitude and elevation actually. I can say Atlanta's can be be pretty uncomfortable with the heat and humidity, June thru August mostly. I prefer heat/warmth to the cold(and of course Atl gets way more cold-chilly days than Phx) so it's tolerable but yeah it definitely isn't the most comfortable! I been out west a few times and the drier air does feel nicer (cold and hot), so Phoenix heat is exaggerated? It's pretty tolerable, especially compared to the east?

Old 06-24-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the wish of luck - I'm looking forward to it (for many reasons)...

Even though I'm not super familiar with all the areas - I've been out there several times and have done a boatload of research... For me, West Valley works better... From what I can tell, much of East valley is wannabe SoCal (which I'm trying to get the hell away from)... I don't like grass (especially in the desert ), Im sick of congestion (and snobby attitudes) ... I like rural and sparse... 100% opposite of the rat-race I'm in now... There are logistical reasons for West Valley too...

As for renting before buying - I strongly considered it... But I see prices going up (as much as 30% in 6 or less months), and interest rates are really low... I feel I'd regret not buying now. Plus I don't like the idea of moving twice in one year... Having that been said - buying from out of state has been the biggest PITA ever! Far more hassle, time consuming and stressful than I anticipated... I'm already in $2K just from the frequent visits to find a place ... For that reason, I kinda feel renting might have been a better choice, then buying from there... Either way, it's a major ordeal that takes a lot of effort and dedication - that I'm confident will be worth it in the end.
Dude, as a So Cal native to another, I recommend Tucson.Check it out. Phoenix is overrated.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Beach is over-rated (especially these days)... Decades ago, it was all different... It's crap now. Flagstaff over beach all day long.
And if you were looking in Flagstaff, I'd have no advice besides Flag>So Cal. Unfortunately, you're looking to move to this miserable desert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area