Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2016, 10:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,726 times

Advertisements

is sunnyslope area nice? is it safe or does it have a lot of crime? also are the apartments around camelback and 15th ave safe? if you can answer thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 12:47 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,431,214 times
Parts of Sunnyslope are just fine. I don't call 15th Ave and Camelback Sunnyslope, and no, that's not a very nice area.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:55 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,079,202 times
sunnyslope was probably a great neighborhood 50 years ago. There are half million dollar homes (they think the land is worth that being right on the mountain edge), literally a block away from dilapidated looking crack houses. Its a highly neglected area, and IMO its all because of what I think is a SSI, or unemployment govt building just north of the post office on 7th st between mountain view and cinnabar, leading to a LOT OF homeless people in that immediate area. I've never bothered to look, but I believe there is a small shelter near there too. If you go a mile or two in any direction, it gets better.

I wouldn't call that sunnyslope either. That's more central/north central phoenix, and what I would think of as a better area than sunnyslope, but not great either. Gonna pm you with something some of us have had very good results with.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:56 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,980,470 times
15 Ave&Camelback is the Christown area and no where near what is considered the "Slope." Sunnyslope area I would say is Dunlap to Peoria from 19th Ave to Cave Creek Rd/7th St area. To answer your question 15th Ave&Camelback isn't the nicest area but by far not the worst. You definitely want to stay east of 19th Ave though if you just have to be in the particular area. And you're right on the light rail if you will be utilizing public transportation.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:14 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,964,244 times
Sunnyslope has a lot of unrealized potential, but the stigma and homeless issue make that potential harder to obtain.

But as others have pointed out you're talking about the area around Christown and generally west of 12th Ave in that area is bad news. I believe that's Alhambra.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:37 AM

445 posts, read 515,970 times
Most of Sunnyslope is just fine, but there are pockets that aren't the greatest. Help me out by telling us roughly what cross streets you're looking at and I'll be happy to share my thoughts. I lived in the area for 4 years, so I'm familiar with most of that neighborhood.

As others have mentioned, 15th Ave and Camelback is a totally different neighborhood. It isn't terrible around there either, but it isn't without its issues. You'd want to stay as far east as possible in that area... The closer you get to 19th, the sketchier it gets. The corner store that's right there on 19th and Camelback gets a lot of foot traffic and the cops are there for some reason or another all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area