Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 10:13 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times

Advertisements

Just moved into a new rental. Ordered internet all is well then I get an email saying the address is flagged. They don't open til 8 tomorrow morning for me to call them. What is this bs? And why didn't they tell me this when I was on the phone with them? I've never had cox before, ever.

What is this crap?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 11:46 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
I have Cox because I have to as well. The service is trash. Welcome.

Tip: pay attention to your bill, they like to sneak in fees.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:04 AM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
OP...Probably previous renter skipped out on paying their bill.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:49 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Before hitting the Panic Button, Madison . . . contact Cox.

I am definitely no "Cox Fan" but there's gotta be a legitimate reason or a simple mistake as Wit-Nit has suggested. Possibly something "technical" as an issue with the cable connection?

Good Luck.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:49 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Just moved into a new rental. Ordered internet all is well then I get an email saying the address is flagged. They don't open til 8 tomorrow morning for me to call them. What is this bs? And why didn't they tell me this when I was on the phone with them? I've never had cox before, ever.

What is this crap?
Did they say street address or your IP address? Your current IP or hardware that identifies your connection to Cox could have been flagged for spamming or reports of intrusion attempts. Do you know everything that is going on with your home network?

Old 07-15-2016, 09:18 AM

1,629 posts, read 2,629,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post

What is this crap?
Call them. Complaining on here is not going to get you service.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:29 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,744,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I have Cox because I have to as well. The service is trash. Welcome.

Tip: pay attention to your bill, they like to sneak in fees.
I have been a customer of Cox and their forerunners since the mid 80s. Their service is great, although more expensive than I'd like.

Old 07-15-2016, 06:28 PM

2,379 posts, read 2,711,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
I have been a customer of Cox and their forerunners since the mid 80s. Their service is great, although more expensive than I'd like.
I have also been a customer of Cox for many years. Their service is uniformly abysmal, including top-level executive office people who don't follow up or return calls, including telephone people who don't bother to tell you about charges, including promised discounts that disappear with no notice, including managers who ignore detailed written complaints, including techs who don't show up for appointments.

Old 07-15-2016, 06:45 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Gotta disagree here, not only is it outrageous in cost, but I've had 3 attempts at late fees when I autopay this year alone. And believe me, I've had more than 1 reminder that I could be paying more, like that makes it better. The only service I disliked more was Xfinity, but their ondemand ran circles around contour.

I have better service with DirectTV in Tucson, but here I can only have Cox or Satellite internet, so I'm stuck.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:10 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Gotta disagree here, not only is it outrageous in cost, but I've had 3 attempts at late fees when I autopay this year alone. And believe me, I've had more than 1 reminder that I could be paying more, like that makes it better. The only service I disliked more was Xfinity, but their ondemand ran circles around contour.

I have better service with DirectTV in Tucson, but here I can only have Cox or Satellite internet, so I'm stuck.
Strange they'd hit you with a an autopay late fee(?) unless your CC or checking/savings account bounced. That's bizarre/ a new one on me. Been on autopay on a CC for 6+ years now with them for internet service with no such thing.

I agree with the cost though, especially the cable TV part. I wouldn't dream of getting tv service from them for that cost. I'd go dishnetwork or something if I wanted the TV end of things.

I have to say the internet service has been great/reliable from Cox. The few times we've had a slowdown they were here quickly and resolved the issue or just reprovisioned the modem and all was ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: