Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 09:47 PM

1 posts, read 729 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to Ahwatukee pretty soon I just wanted to know if anybody had any insight on living in Carlyle at South Mountain or South Ridge Apartments ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 06:16 AM

19,469 posts, read 28,036,197 times
Carlyle apts are not in Ahwatukee - they are bordering Guadalupe, in a section of town that is pretty bad. Based on a google search, South Ridge apts are in Mesa.

what makes you say and think you're moving to Ahwatukee?

Old 08-01-2016, 10:18 AM

774 posts, read 845,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Carlyle apts are not in Ahwatukee - they are bordering Guadalupe, in a section of town that is pretty bad. Based on a google search, South Ridge apts are in Mesa.

what makes you say and think you're moving to Ahwatukee?
They are not in the town of Guadalupe but are on the other side of the 10 inside of the AZ Grande Hotel and are not in a "bad" section of town. I would have no issues living there they are in the original Ahwatukee.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:38 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,155,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Carlyle apts are not in Ahwatukee - they are bordering Guadalupe, in a section of town that is pretty bad.
Yes they are in Ahwatukee and while there may be easy access over the freeway to Guadalupe they are in no way in a bad area. You're clueless on this one.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:56 PM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,114,788 times
Carlyle Apts are fine. They are on the other side of I-10 from Guadalupe, it is Ahwatukee. I think somebody was confused.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:01 AM

19,469 posts, read 28,036,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
Carlyle Apts are fine. They are on the other side of I-10 from Guadalupe, it is Ahwatukee. I think somebody was confused.
Yes, I was confused. My apologies.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:05 PM

2,300 posts, read 3,116,527 times
I lived at the Carlyle briefly (6 months) when I moved back to AZ about a year ago. Like others corrected the second poster, it is NOT in Guadalupe and is across a long bridge. You really don't even see Guadalupe or even realize it exists unless you cross over the long I-10 bridge. The I-10 is a pretty major barrier. That said, here is my opinion of the place:

Pros - Staff was nice, grounds are generally nice, and they recently remodeled the clubhouses/pool areas and repainted all the buildings. It is gated. I would for sure want to live on the side closest to the golf course (away from the I-10 noise) if possible. Many of the units have available garage spaces which are sometimes included in rent costs. It does tend to give you more square footage for the price than a lot of other places nearby.

Cons - While the place looks great from the outside, many of the units could use some updating (I believe they are gradually in the process of doing this). The living room/kitchen windows are just single pane so don't keep out noise well, (although I found the bedrooms with sliding doors to actually be very quiet). Also, some buildings have had some major plumbing issues (mine was one), as in sewer backups which has caused sewage to come up through tub drains, toilets, etc and flood apts. If you live on the ground floor and are ever home during the day be aware there will often times be noise from landscapers, etc. that come around on a regular schedule, although that's to be expected.

As for South Ridge Apartments, I'm not sure where those are. A quick search did not show South Ridge apartments in Ahwatukee, although there are Southern Ridge Apts in Mesa. Did you mean Pointe at South Mountain Apartments perchance? Those are right across from Carlyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: