Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 05:19 PM

8,903 posts, read 4,630,902 times

Advertisements

Okay. I lived in Florida for 6 years, had a pool at home and loved it. Did not mind the maintenance one bit. Moved to Hawaii (Big Island) 2 years ago and gave up the pool. Thinking of moving back to the mainland, probably Phoenix area. I would really like a pool home.

Using Zillow for research, I don't see that many pool homes in Sun City West or Peoria areas. Is there a reason for that? What am I missing? I have a friend there and she would love to have a pool because of the heat.

Whatta u think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 05:26 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,089,537 times
Sun city is the retirement community. Most don't want to bother with the extra cost or maintenance. There are several community pools for seniors only that its just much easier. There are plenty of homes with pools though, keep searching you should have no problem finding what you're looking for with a pool.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:47 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,764,566 times
Pools have become less popular in recent years due to large community pools and people really not wanting to deal with the maintenance, especially if your community already has one that's heated (can be used year-round), has water features, water slides, and whatever else they're building now.

You can still easily find homes with pools, I think we rank fairly high on homes with pools % but I know quite a few people who have taken them out in our neighborhood, when it was built almost every home had a private pool and quite a few are gone.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:26 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,660,821 times
Personally, I wouldn't buy a house without a pool. They are very easy to maintain if you do a little research. Once you understand pool chemistry, you'll never swim in a public pool again.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:37 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,345,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick974 View Post
Personally, I wouldn't buy a house without a pool. They are very easy to maintain if you do a little research. Once you understand pool chemistry, you'll never swim in a public pool again.

It's not just the maintenance (which can be mastered very easily) it's the fact that you don't have to share your pool with anyone you don't want to! I was at a resort recently and really didn't enjoy the pools there, they were too people-y

Old 09-02-2016, 12:48 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,089,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
It's not just the maintenance (which can be mastered very easily) it's the fact that you don't have to share your pool with anyone you don't want to! I was at a resort recently and really didn't enjoy the pools there, they were too people-y
sounds like you just haven't learned to appreciate other people's back hair.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:47 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,345,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
sounds like you just haven't learned to appreciate other people's back hair.

I appreciate NOT having to swim with it, that's the point.

The city of Scottsdale will pay you a rebate to remove your pool, up to $1500. That's nowhere near enough money to get me to live here without one!

Old 09-02-2016, 05:41 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,766,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Pools have become less popular in recent years due to large community pools and people really not wanting to deal with the maintenance, especially if your community already has one that's heated (can be used year-round), has water features, water slides, and whatever else they're building now.

You can still easily find homes with pools, I think we rank fairly high on homes with pools % but I know quite a few people who have taken them out in our neighborhood, when it was built almost every home had a private pool and quite a few are gone.
Do you have any evidence to support that?

Old 09-02-2016, 06:00 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,264,655 times
I couldn't imagine living here without a pool. We tried our community pool before we had our own and there is no way I would deal with all those kids and idiots. We went twice and said never again and put in our own pool.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:46 PM

2,623 posts, read 2,363,160 times
I am not sure the community pool likes the efforts I take in my own pool to work on my tan, buzz and the friends I keep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area