Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2016, 08:51 AM

10 posts, read 8,923 times

Advertisements

My husband will possibly be accepting a position in Phoenix. We will be flying out next weekend to look at the area and housing. We prefer to rent a house (not apt or condo or townhouse)for a year to get used to the city and areas before we make a decision where to buy. My question is what is the best way to find rentals? Are there agents for that? I've been looking on Zillow too but not sure if that is up to date or if it shows everything. Any and all tips would be appreciated!

Just a little more info - my hubs will be working at 27th & Indian School. Our desire is to keep his commute moderate (no more than 30-45 min). We have a 1 year old so schools are not an issue. We'd love a neighborhood with a pool. Budget is $1000-$1500/month. We have a 65lb Labradoodle that is coming with us.

Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 09:04 AM

19,456 posts, read 27,920,424 times
27th AVENUE or 27th STREET? Big difference.

The 65 lb dog will present a challenge. Be prepared to lower your expectations and increase your deposits.

Try craigslist but be careful. Realtor.com has some rental homes.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:30 AM

10 posts, read 8,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
27th AVENUE or 27th STREET? Big difference.

The 65 lb dog will present a challenge. Be prepared to lower your expectations and increase your deposits.

Try craigslist but be careful. Realtor.com has some rental homes.

27th Avenue.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:40 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,084,240 times
All the snowbirds are moving in better hurry and get your contract signed.

The websites I know of are:
Craigslist
Realtor
Zillow
or find an apt locator service. (some deal in home rentals too). DM and I can send the one I used for an apt, I am not affiliated and I only used it once, they are only a few miles from that location so they may have something around there).

If you are not looking for a condo or townhouse, it wont be a community pool, but a house with a pool for that budget should be no problem at all.

That is right near I17. Depending on when his commute is (rush hour is M-F 6am-9am & 3pm-7pm). If he will be commuting between this time 30-45 minutes is about 10 miles, (if you look at a map, the streets are a grid layout and its about a mile between all major city streets). If it is outside of this time, then you can be about 20-25 miles away. With that location and that budget, I would be looking north of that area at Glendale, Peoria, and North Phoenix.

There is nothing South that would be close enough that you couldn't do much better within your budget.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:27 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,265,406 times
When we first moved here, hub's company recommended the property management company Desert Wide. This was a decade ago so I don't know how they are now but we had a good experience with them then. There are other local companies, too, and you can google them. Here is the one we used: Desert Wide Properties | Phoenix Arizona Property Management. Good luck and welcome to Phoenix!

Old 10-03-2016, 08:27 AM

140 posts, read 174,844 times
I was in the same situation. Get a realtor. zillow is horribly outdated. The realtor will only make a few bucks on getting you in a rental but just let him know that you'll try to use him for the purchase in a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area